Job ID: 321222
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
Position Title: (PGS) Specialist I
Department: Product Group Sales
Reports To: Team Leader, PGS
Who are we:
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL), a CRH company, is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
We are part of the Oldcastle Building Envelope of CRH and operate our business to the highest standards of quality and customer service. The companies and institutions that depend on us impact the growing fields of glass fabrication, construction, architecture, and automotive restyling. Their positions as leaders in their own industries mean they demand the highest standards from their suppliers.
About the Position:
The Product Group Sales Specialist I (PGSS-I) provides exceptional customer experience to all C.R. Laurence customers. Through the detailed understanding of all C.R.L products the PGSS-I offers solutions and facilitates a unique and customized experience to all internal and external customers. In addition, resolves product and service problems, processes order and serves as an ambassador (customer advocate) between customers and the company. PGSS-I helps fulfill our brand promise through the service experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner via all avenues of communication (phone primary and email secondary)
- Provide consistent exceptional customer experiences, every customer, every time
- Maintain broad knowledge of clients, products and services of the organization
- Document customer interactions and transactions in ERP consistently
- Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy and serve as an advocate for the customer
- Accurately process and enter phoned, faxed, and e-mailed quotes and orders in accordance with cut off times and other time constraints that may exist
- Maintain good communication channels with production and specialists to meet customer deadlines
- Meet our customer needs by following through on our promises
- Communicate and identify customer expectations to determine expected delivery date and time.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments; following up to ensure resolution
- Assist Specialist II with expediting orders and communications to our customers as needed
- Address the customer's need (s), ideally on first contact. See a need, fill a need.
- Participate in educational opportunities internally and externally to enhance knowledge of product and job skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Partner and help all co-workers when needed
- Maintain a manageable workload to not exceed 24-hour backlog on emails and returning voicemails.
- Effectively provide customer feedback to Team Leader
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for the Specialist I position, the following conditions must be met:
- A minimum of 2-3 years previous customer service experience or equivalent; glass industry preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates/Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to take ownership and go above and beyond to service customer needs
- Ability to work at a fast pace and stay current with all inquiries and follow up tasks
- Strong organizational and listening skills
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment to meet required deadlines
- Utilizes strong time management and organizational skills to successfully multi-task
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer experience a must and typing of numbers with accuracy
- Decision making ability - able to action
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate aptitude with troubleshooting experience
- Spanish speaking, a plus
- Effective navigation of CRL's web site and business software to retrieve product and business transaction information
- Personal desktop computers, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, writing instruments, telephone, and various printers.
- Issued safety equipment
- Cisco phone experience, a plus
- Issued safety equipment
- This position is a largely sedentary; however, caution needs to be taken when lifting files, boxes, opening file cabinet drawers, desk drawers
- To avoid injuries to hands, back and neck, proper ergonomics should be maintained while working at desk/workstation.
Physical Activities/Demands Activity Occasional
- Primarily works in an office environment with controlled climate.
- Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in an office environment. Position is primarily sedentary.
- Some duties may involve being in a plant environment where noise levels can be moderate to high and be subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
- Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
- While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company's hazardous communication program.
(201+x/shift) Bend/Twist X Carrying X Kneel/Crawl X Ladder/Scaffold Climbing X Reaching X Repetitive Use
Hip/Knee/Ankles X Standing X Sitting X Stoop/Squat X Stair Climbing X Typing/Keyboarding X Walking X Other (Explain)
For the following physical activities, list amount of both measurements (how often and how much). Lifting
Lbs. of force measured
Lbs. of force measured
(50-75) ** Weight over 50 lbs. require assistance (employee or mechanical)
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types or work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- 401k with company match
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Engineer, ERP, Fabrication, Cisco, Machinist, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing
This job has expired.