Posted in Hospitality and Catering
Purpose Of The Position:
To investigate, analyze and recommend solutions to drive process improvements, quality improvements and cost improvements using Lean/Six Sigma principles.
To support the organization and to enable it to meet or exceed annual cost savings goals established by the company.
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining project hopper, training teams as needed, ensuring timelines and savings goals are defined and met. Incumbent should be able to perform testing as needed, gather and analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for projects. Incumbent would be expected to cross train with the technical engineers and be able to understand critical to quality and customer requirements.
• Develop list of potential projects.
• Put together teams necessary to support each project. Manage and publish cost savings associated with each project.
• Complete all documentation associated with any changes and ensure that all vested departments are informed, trained, and participated at a level appropriate in any projects.
• Analyze and manage incoming raw material and production data to monitor for trends and shifts that could lead to new projects.
• Maintain checks on each project for at least one CY to ensure that the savings were realized and that the project remains successful.
• If there are issues, they need to be resolved before considering the project closed.
• Correlate internal hold rolls and external complaints with project statistics.
• Assist with maintenance of standard operating procedures and other controlled documents that require updating as the result of a project.
• This includes business requirements, technical data sheets, SOPs, Process Maps.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in the same role
• Lean/Six Sigma certification is a MUST. (Green belt or higher)
• College degree or Vocational Technical education in Computer Science Information Systems or other technical area
• Basic statistical analysis to include trending, averages, standard deviation and run charts.
• Ability to train project teams in principles of Lean/Six Sigma.
• Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required
• Basic knowledge of JIRA HP Quality Center and Remedy is a plus.
• Ability to set project timelines and lay out plan of actions with timelines.
• Ability to communicate results and issues through all levels of the organization as well as to vendors and customers.
• Ability to manage work with limited direction. .
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our