Cloud Alliance Business Development Manager
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the world's leading data analytics company is looking for people who are passionate about helping our customers leverage cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud BU team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup like environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. You will join a team of business development professionals, cloud experts, and business builders to deploy cloud services and cloud native integrations that bring Teradata's analytics capabilities to the public cloud platforms. This position is part of the Cloud Business unit focused on cross organization and company strategy and investments.
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to manage, grow and develop Teradata's in-country partnership with our Cloud providers and partners. Teradata is a leader in the Analytics market with offerings that span Cloud, On-Premises and Hybrid Cloud solutions. Our Cloud Providers and Partners are a strategic area of focus. This position is an integral part of the country team working directly with sales leaders, pre-sales teams, consulting and IS and ISV partner teams. The candidate for this role will be responsible for owning the country-level relationship with strategic Cloud Platform partners. If you are a high energy, collaborative individual who can manage multiple touch points and create strong relationships across the organization and work to support the success of our business within Teradata and the Cloud organization, this is the role for you.
Applicants should have a proven track record in partnership management or experience working with Cloud vendors and Independent Software Vendors (ISV's). The scope of the role includes identification of new business opportunities with or through the Cloud Partner, including growth within existing Teradata accounts, management of the relationships and sales engagement process to gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution. The applicant will integrate relevant Cloud Providers into account planning and co-sell motions, support sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional interpersonal skills and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business model.
In this role, you will:
· Shape and drive critical cloud business sales pursuits by Teradata and our Cloud Partners
· Define and execute a strategy to build effective in-country buying mechanisms (tenders, co-sell, frameworks, contracts, etc.) with the aim of becoming a trusted advisor to the field and to our partners
· Work collaboratively to qualify Cloud opportunities, from prospect to signature, working with account teams, partners, pre-sales and consulting
· Help the GTM sales organization and partners understand the importance of approaching new sales opportunities in a way that enables Teradata and our customers/ prospects to fully benefit from cloud agility, innovation and cost savings.
· Drive the increased co-sell Teradata motion with our Cloud Partners; facilitate communication, enablement and resource alignment to accelerate growth.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of the Cloud Partner's business objectives and effectively communicate within Teradata to drive incremental growth.
· Develop strong relations and advocates with key decision makers on the Cloud partner side, and their ecosystem, as well as internally in Teradata to support growth of our business.
· Identify new business opportunities with or through Cloud partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution.
· Develop presentations and materials to support sales with and through our Cloud partner.
· Support sales calls where Cloud partner is involved by maintaining up to date best practices on partnership
Education and skills you'll use:
· A bachelor's degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 5 years' experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
o A strong understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at both a strategic, tactical and operational level
o Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results
o Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels and disciplines
o Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Cloud Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned
o High degree of executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels
o Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
o Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
o Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is desired
o Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, collaborative, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
o Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
o Excellent presentation skills and confidence
o Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Sr Director of Cloud Alliances. The successful candidate will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (25-40% travel)
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Posted about 7 hours ago