SeniorFinancial Analyst - Secaucus, NJ
Operations Finance is a Finance Center of Excellence that is responsible for the analysis, forecasting and budgeting of operating costs for Quest's core businesses, the Diagnostic Information Services (approximate $6.3B in OpEx). The Operations Finance team (formerly known as Operating Cost Analytics) works closely with the regional Finance teams, assisting in analysis and forecasting of all expenses across the region and within the different functions. Each analyst is assigned a specific region to specialize in and develop deep knowledge, while cross training on other regions to understand the company as a whole and best practices.
This is a high growth and exposure position that offers the candidate the opportunity to learn about financial analysis, diagnostics, the healthcare industry, and business partnering. Both the training and financial skill required in the Operations Finance group is top notch and many of our analysts attest to gaining tremendous skill and experience while working within the team. Many of our senior analysts have been promoted on to management positions within the Operations Finance team. In addition to internal promotions, analysts have also rotated from our group and have successfully moved into areas of Finance such as Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Capital Investment & Analysis, Regional Finance, Clinical Franchise Finance, the Operations Excellence, IT Finance, as well as other functional areas.
The main responsibilities covered by our analysts include monthly reporting on close variances, consolidation, preparing monthly leadership presentations, budgeting/forecasting, and leveraging our financial systems on behalf of the regions. Senior analysts are expected to take on more projects and provide additional analytical horsepower to the team. The role reports to Joseph Malkiewich, Senior Manager of Operations Finance.
Through using your analytical and problem-solving skills in the monthly reporting process, you will be providing key decision makers actionable information to assess the business. Responsibilities will reach beyond the department and require the building of relationships with various levels of Corporate and Regional Finance.
• Analysis and explanation of monthly financial results and variances
• Assisting the region with budgeting, forecasting, and consolidation
• Become an expert in our financial system - Oracle/Hyperion Essbase with Smart View
• Develop and maintain standardized best practices regarding the reporting and analysis of operating costs
• Drive continuous improvement to deliver the highest quality analysis (create processes, SOP's, checklists, system configuration and tools)
• Calculate, report and analyze business performance metrics including SOP's that outline the source, governance and use of such metrics as it relates to operating costs and functions for areas supported
• Integrate data from various groups (Pathology, Professional Lab Services, Operations, IT, Invigorate, Ops Excellence, Regional Finance, etc.) to construct an overall understanding of our business performance
• Contribute to monthly Ops Finance reporting to Senior Leadership Teams (CFO, RFDs, SVP Commercial, SVP Operations) through the production of effective monthly reports
• Supply other members of the team with top down insights, standard analytics, and accurate forecasting. Gain from other members of the team insights on local market dynamics, trends and 1x events. Leverage these insights to influence new tools, analytics and insights.
• Serve as a resource for all the Regional Finance teams when they have needs that conflict with the close schedule (such as accrual guidance, cost accounting, and presentations)
• Exemplify Quest Finance' ABP Competencies (Financial Acumen, Critical Thinking, & Framing and Influencing) and recognize that this centralized team serves many business partners
• Continually reassess customer needs considering business/market dynamics, proactively identifying trends and working with Business Partners to adjust deliverables accordingly
• Be actively committed to personal development through engagement in training and learning opportunities, setting goals and develop a plan to obtain those goals.
• Further foster individual growth and improvement through taking on special projects
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• Critical thinking/problem solving, and the instinct to take initiative and drive projects to completion
• A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• CPA and/or MBA or progress towards is a plus
Important Personal and Other Attributes:
Strong analytical and computer skills
High level of intuition
Organization and attentionto detail
Recognize that everyone has opportunities to lead, and demonstrate leadership
Demonstrate tactical and strategic thinking leadership skills
Demonstrate the highest level of integrity
Challenge the status quo
Possess backbone, an ability to push back and hold ground
Continually raise the bar
Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
Presentation skills and ability (to highest level in organization)
Demonstrate a sense of urgency:
Possess an appropriate level of "fire in the belly"
Possess an insatiable sense of curiosity
Customer service focused
Performance and process driven (Action oriented self-starter)
Strive for continuous personal development
Ability and desire to subsequently be promoted into higher positions
Posted about 1 hour ago
Jefferson City, Missouri
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago