If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Information Technology has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Sr. Manager, IT (My Chart). The Sr. Manager, IT (My Chart) - UHealth IT, directs all IT related activities of the University's IT department and supervises all staff assigned to the IT department. The incumbent also ensures continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Plans, designs, develops, and implements improved work systems by revising work standards, policies, and procedures, employee work method and utilization, and staffing levels.
- Contributes to and plans the delivery of department-wide management and technical policies.
- Manages the development of staff to ensure effective deployment in their roles.
- Confers with leadership regarding inputs to overall enterprise architecture to allow UMIT to render excellent services to its constituents.
- Prepares activity and progress reports regarding group responsibilities.
- Serves as a point of contact for the executive management team on unit and department initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for change and develops plans to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Develops, documents, and modifies guidelines and procedures to promote efficiency within the unit.
- Helps to determine new and creative methods to employ teams on projects.
- Works directly with faculty, students, and senior administrators to identify and address emerging technology needs.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to provide excellent services to the University community.
- Communicates relevant IT-related information to superiors and peers across the organization.
- Reviews status reports of team members and addresses issues.
- Provides oversight of exempt and non-exempt staff to ensure operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition and migration plans are consistent with UMIT goals and objectives.
- Coordinates department policies and operations with managers of other units within IT.
- Fosters increased awareness and attainment of higher levels of customer service by directing internal teams in the execution of IT initiatives.
- Plans and coordinates the functions and services for assigned information technology projects of multiple sizes and complexities.
- Interviews, hires, coaches, and counsels staff, and revises job descriptions.
- Participates in all programs relating to performance management and career development planning.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
Any appropriate combination of relevant of education, experience and/or Certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required; however, will accept experience in lieu of education as noted: With degree, minimum 7 years of relevant experience required. Without degree, minimum 13 years of relevant experience. Minimum of 5 years of Epic experience strongly preferred.
- Epic MyChart certification required.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: