Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list contains tasks that are typically associated with the job but are not position specific. It is not all-inclusive and may vary from position to position. The company may, depending on the specific nature of the position, modify these tasks and/or identify additional tasks, based on business needs.
- Works on problems or projects of moderate to large scope in which analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgement based on knowledge of leading best practices.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as leader to unit or sub-units. Becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules or resolve problems to achieve corporate goals.
- Responsible for ensuring department is committed to and conforms to the company quality system procedures as documented.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of continuous improvement or operational activities to achieve corporate objectives.
- Supervise subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, coaching, initiating corrective or disciplinary actions, and establishing and sustaining long-term human resources and skill requirements for the various manufacturing operations teams.
- Coordinate and/or act as a liaison between work units, shifts, departments, functions, corporate partners, etc.
- Organize and drive continuous improvement to accomplish goals effectively.
- Ensure continuous improvement or operations activities are carried out in accordance with specified guidelines and timeframes. Maintain conformity with company and/or industry rules and regulations within subordinate reporting structure.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the continuous improvement or manufacturing fields.
- Recommend changes that will result in the most economical cost of design, development, production or manufacturing.
- Participate or drive new product introductions into commercial manufacturing as required.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to budgets, work plans and performance requirements.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use logic to identify reasons, facts, or data to draw conclusions and propose solutions.
- Lead, work with or contribute to a work group or team to complete assigned task(s).
- Work cross functionally to influence outcomes and manage sensitive situations.
- Use automated software applications.
- Supervise others; identify the best person for a task, assign and direct work; conduct employee evaluations; staff training and development; take appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions; make hiring/termination recommendations; manage a work force to ensure fair employment practices.
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally.
- Establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives.
- Coordinate the activities or tasks of people, departments or divisions.
- Evaluate information against a set of standards.
- Six Sigma Black Belt expertise (or equivalent) is a plus.
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific functional area.
- Enhances understanding and knowledge of how functional objectives support corporate objectives.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of leading best practices in area of expertise.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to team members / supporting employees.
- Provides guidance and support to team members / employees.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Requires the ability to effectively influence others and manage sensitive situations.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
Experience and Education
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Directly manages the coordination of the activities within a function/department with responsibility for results.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports and not have any direct reports within the organization.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching, and compensation decisions.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 13+ years of industry experience.
- 5-8 years of previous people management experience.
- The Workplace Type for this role is Non Desk. Based on the nature of your position you will be working onsite in your assigned work area. You will have space onsite for your personal items, but will not have an assigned desk. You should plan to be onsite based on your current shift schedule.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.