Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
We are seeking a seasoned, highly motivated software development leader to join our CGM mobile app development team in our San Diego, CA office as Sr Manager, Mobile Development. You will be leading and managing a team of Android & iOS mobile application software developers to successfully deliver world-class apps. This is an opportunity to join an expanding team developing a vital product for a high-growth company. This position reports to the Director of SW Development Engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead & mentor a mobile engineering team delivering best-in-class Android and iOS mobile applications for our line of CGM medical device products
- Work with marketing and key stakeholders to define scope of projects and seek organizational alignment
- Develop and manage project schedules and report and resolve project issues
- Manage completion of requirements and design documentation
- Enforce internal software development procedures that complies with medical regulations
- Interface with software test to ensure high quality product
Preferred Qualifications:Travel Required: Functional Description
- Proven success managing mobile software development teams (Android and/or iOS)
- Experience managing mobile development projects
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both inside and outside the engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Directs the activities of a software applications development function for software application enhancements and new products. This position oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of computer programs for commercial or end user applications. Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations. Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, and users to define application requirements and/or necessary modifications.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific functional area.
- Enhances understanding and knowledge of how functional objectives support corporate objectives.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of leading best practices in area of expertise.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to team members / supporting employees.
- Provides guidance and support to team members / employees.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Requires the ability to effectively influence others and manage sensitive situations.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
Experience and Education
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Directly manages the coordination of the activities within a function/department with responsibility for results.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports and not have any direct reports within the organization.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching, and compensation decisions.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 13+ years of industry experience.
- 5-8 years of previous people management experience.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link. UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.