Title: Sr. Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Controls Engineer)
Location: American Falls, ID
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Manufacturing Systems Engineer (Controls Engineer) will be the technical automation and control expert to support both long term and short-term needs of the plant. The engineer/specialist will provide day to day development, troubleshooting, and maintenance for the plant's Process Controls infrastructure. Provides technical and problem-solving support for the plant and maintenance crews. Responsibilities also include participating in VSU project teams under direction of other project engineers and VSU managers. Work includes preparation of studies, reports, schedules, budgets, inspections, bid requests, evaluation of bid submittals, direction and coordination of contractors, controls programming and instrumentation, and project closeouts and analysis. This job requires excellent technical and programming development, organizational, and communication skills.
• Day to day PLC controls program troubleshooting to support plant operations.
• Project management for automation related projects.
• Overall support and management of programming, development, and maintenance of plant Process Control systems.
• Mentor junior Process Control technicians to provide training and instruction in Process Control concepts and plant operations.
• Interface to equipment and instrumentation including optimization and calibration, specifying, and interface programming.
• Interface with other disparate controls systems and OEM supplied systems and equipment.
• Work with corporate Process Control to maintain overall automation and control goals, specifications, and integration standards.
• Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve the plant's key performance goals for overall maintenance performance.
• Provides technical and problem-solving support for the plant operations and maintenance crews.
• Work to execute the overall platform and plant automation and controls vision.
Skills & Experience
Basic & Preferred QualificationsPhysical Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering (Preferred)
- 5-7 years controls and electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years engineering experience in projects/maintenance work
- PLC Certification or equivalent
- Idaho Electrical Journeyman or an Idaho Electrical Supervisor license preferred but not required
- Advanced working knowledge of PLC systems, PLC programming, instrumentation, and demonstrate PLC system troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with communications protocols including Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, and serial communications
- Specific software proficiency requirements include products such as FactoryTalk view SE, FactoryTalk view ME, FactoryTalk view Studio, FactoryTalk AssetCentre, FactoryTalk Gateway, Studio 5000 LogixDesigner, rsLogix 5000, RSLogix 5, RSLinx Classic,Connected Components WorkBench, Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office
- Specifice hardware proficiency requirements include devices such as CTI, Texan Instruments, Allen-Bradley Controllers, IO devices, Networks, and HMIs. These include ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MoroLogix, Mircro-800 PLC-5, and SLC-500 families of control systems and components, HMI systems include Panelview Plus and Panelview Component, Network requirements include systems such as Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, Devicenet, DH+, DH-485, RI0
- Excellent PLC development, troubleshooting, and programming skills
- Ability to read and interpret plant drawings, detailed equipment schematics, and O&M manuals required
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software
- Working knowledge of the NEC/ Idaho specialty codes and can ensure that plant electrical work is performed according to code
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent ability to follow and implement standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Industry-Competitive Benefits
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-222366
Time Type: Full timeLamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.