At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Primary focus of this position is to provide Tier 2 end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting, technical support for a wired and wireless network system and various software applications in a multi-tiered service support environment. This is a more in-depth technical support role, with experienced and more knowledgeable personnel on a particular product or service. Participation in new-product planning and sustaining support of existing products and versions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Tier 2 phone support, working closely with Technical Support and Field Service to remotely analyze and troubleshoot complex network problems.
- Be able to coordinate activities with Service support Managers, Engineering, Clinical Customers, Hospital IT departments and Field Service Organization with respect to negotiating network connectivity
- Work closely with Product Support and Engineering to develop troubleshooting tools and features to enhance remote access feature effectiveness and usability
- Create and maintain procedural documentation
- Create and manage user and robot AD accounts and CA certificates
- Effectively use customer management system to enter and track complaints, retrieve contact information and client network information
- Support Engineering development work which may include off hour verification testing
- Work closely with regulatory bodies to ensure remote access security policies are functional, effective and are in accordance with FDA\HIPPA compliance
- Be knowledgeable with ISI policies, processes, procedures and daVinci® products
- Identify opportunities and solutions for improving efficiencies
- Be able to execute ad-hoc projects as assigned by management
- Works collaboratively with service team and entire service organization to achieve client business goals by providing essential job functions and able to recognize and drive key initiatives to support corporate/departmental goals
- Technical services and support at the network levels: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Participate in answering security questionnaires, review & record site surveys to ensure ideal network connectivity
- Provide escalation support for NSE I
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or Minimum 3+ years equivalent experience acceptable with 3+ years’ experience working in network support center environment, preferably in the medical device industry. Current professional certifications, such as MCSE, CCNA, CWNA, CWSP and CompTIA Network+ or Security+ certifications are preferred
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN
- Familiarity with PACS and/or Dicom desired, experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of network troubleshooting tools and techniques. Excellent analysis, troubleshooting and debugging skills, in particular TCP/IP and 802.11 networking protocols
- Be familiar with the various Windows operating systems
- Be familiar with network security infrastructure, threats, and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- Capable of working within a Global Support Team and providing support wide range of time zones; some travel and a flexible work schedule is required
- Great customer facing skills with the ability to discuss technical information with a wide range of audiences (From service engineers to CTO/CIO)
- Effectively work and communicate and within the team and upper management
- Exceptional ability to multi-task, make sound judgments and respond with a sense of urgency in order to effectively support the business. Thoroughness in completing tasks is imperative.
- Ability to work remotely and self-manage workload with moderate supervision
- Must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience managing and completing projects
- Creative problem-solver with positive attitude
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements:Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day