Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
As a member of a cross-functional team, the Sr. Quality Engineer, Design Assurance is responsible for quality throughout new product development and improvement up to and including technology transfer and commercialization. The Sr. Quality Engineer, Design Assurance ensures that applicable elements of the Quality System and external standards are followed. As the voice of Quality, the Sr. Quality Engineer, Design Assurance applies best-practice quality, team-based and statistical tools and techniques, and promotes the value and use of such tools throughout the organization.
Partner with R&D, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, and Operations to support activities in product and process design such as design verification, design validation, design reviews, design transfer, and all other aspects of a design history file.
2. Create and maintain risk files consisting of but not limited to risk management plans, hazard and risk analyses, failure mode and effects analyses and risk management reports to assess the risks associated with a product.
3. Analyze post-market surveillance data periodically throughout a product's lifecycle to feed back into it's risk file in order to reflect it's current risk profile. Support Clinical and Medical Writers in the analysis of available clinical data, as required.
4. Use appropriate quality tools and statistical techniques to collect and summarize data, draw conclusions with confidence, determine sample sizes, apply data distributions, identify relationships between variables, calculate reliability, design and analyze experiments, determine process and performance capability, and make statistically supported decisions.
5. Apply the most relevant and useful quality philosophies throughout Design Control and its related processes for both new product development and sustaining. Understand and manage work to minimize cost of quality throughout the product's lifecycle.
6. Ensure compliance of all practices to the Quality Management System. Ensure comprehensive documentation is available, adequate records are produced, and change management is implemented.
7. Interpret customer feedback to define user needs and product requirements as part of a cross-functional team.
8. Partner with Product Quality Assurance and Operations to make risk-based decisions associated with nonconformances and technical complaints.
9. Understand applicable external regulations and internal standards that drive compliance and apply them in their daily function. Perform audits of Design History Files and support both internal and external audits.
10. Partner with Human Factors SMEs and R&D to assess the usability of a device throughout design and development.
11. Develop and validate test methods. Identify and apply metrology techniques such as calibration systems, traceability, measurement error, and control of standards and devices. Conduct measurement system error studies such as Gage R&R.
12. Perform root cause analysis of identified issues and identify appropriate corrective and preventive action. Use the NC and CAPA systems as needed to structure activities.
13. Support Regulatory Affairs with relevant submissions, approvals, requests, and inquiries.
14. Define, identify, and apply product and process control methods such as developing control plans, identifying essential design outputs and critical control points, and developing and validating work instructions.
15. Apply the concepts of producer and consumer risk and related terms, including operating characteristic curves, AQL, LTPD, AOQ, AOQL, etc. Interpret and select variable, attribute, and zero-defect sampling plans.
16. Apply supplier management principles and provide input on projects for supplier selection, quality expectation letters, supplier quality agreements, and process qualifications.
17. Partner with PMO to apply project management tools in order to define project deliverables and establish a project schedule.
18. Contribute to corporate technical programs (e.g., system improvement, remediation, harmonization) in areas related to those identified in this position description.
19. Generally apply the above concepts as required at the local, regional, and departmental level.
Education / Experience Requirements
• B.A. or B.S. degree in a technical discipline, such as engineering or science (equivalent experience may be considered).
• 5 to 10 years of quality engineering or design assurance experience (preferably in the medical device industry).
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• ASQ certification preferred (e.g. CQE, CQA, CMDA, CRE, CSSGB/CSSBB).
• Strong understanding of industry regulations such as ISO 13485, ISO 14971 and FDA 21CFR820.
• Proficient in MS Office, and Minitab or other statistical softwares.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Proficient in technical report writing and review.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Foster a positive culture of growth, collaboration, and achievement across the organization.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Sugar Land, Texas
Posted 43 minutes ago
Paterson, New Jersey
Posted 39 minutes ago
Posted 39 minutes ago