The Judge Group is partnered with one of the largest and well-known financial services companies in California. And is currently seeking a Sr. Risk Management Specialist to maintain, improve, and manage Risk Management functions at an Enterprise Level. This an individual contributor role, and it a direct hire, permanent position. It offers great pay and full benefits, and is open to a 100% remote candidate.
***CALIFORNIA Residents ONLY***
***For immediate consideration, you can send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org***
The Senior Risk Management Specialist is responsible for utilizing the company's risk management framework to identify, assess, monitor and help mitigate the financial, reputational, regulatory and operational risks (among others) associated within the company's operations, products and services. Work with various internal stakeholders, including operations, technology, product, finance, human resources, compliance and legal to identify and assess enterprise risks and implement controls and processes as well as monitor ongoing risks and mitigation efforts. This role must be a champion of our overall enterprise risk management approach and provide ongoing risk management support for the organization. Assist in the development of various risk management tools, practices, and policies used to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks in alignment with an enterprise risk management framework. Provides key inputs into the company's risk management or other committees that oversee key risk management processes and ensures alignment with organizational objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Conduct risk and control assessments, assess and implement related controls (e.g. operational, information security, compliance, etc.), and analyze information (e.g. risk events, root cause analysis, audit findings, KRIs/KPIs, etc.) to identify: risks, process and control improvement opportunities, and effective mitigation strategies.
- Facilitate development of business or process risk assessments, in conjunction with the business unit owners, as needed. Supports business unit risk identification, assessment and reporting.
- Develop and direct risk assessment practices and procedures, as well as an annual risk prioritization process.
- Work with internal business partners to identify, mature and track business and corporate area specific quantitative and qualitative key risk and performance indicators.
- Assist in the reporting of event-driven operational loss data and in performing root cause analysis in order to recommend process and control improvements to prevent risk events and losses from occurring in the future.
- Provide ERM advisory services, education and training to leaders and business units across the organization. Independently facilitate or lead stakeholder meetings and management briefings on relevant issues, risks or trends, associated with enterprise-level risks.
- Tactfully yet assertively challenge assumptions and perspectives on risk throughout the organization. Recommend improvements to policies, procedures and practices to reduce costs, improve internal controls and/or drive efficiencies.
- Coordinate with organization's leadership to maintain risk assessments, operational loss events, issues and other relevant risk information for management reporting and record keeping.
- Contribute to risk committee materials, including creating and updating risk management reports and presentations on the evaluation of program effectiveness, level and direction of risks, key and emerging risks, and status of previously-identified risk and control issues.
- Build productive partnerships and trust with other key ERM stakeholders, leadership and business functions across the enterprise.
- Maintain an ever-growing knowledge of ERM and industry trends, best practices and techniques that can be practically applied at the company.
- Partners with external agencies and peer companies to coordinate information exchange and leverage best practices for ERM.
- Perform other duties as required to support Enterprise Risk Management and the business, such as developing ad-hoc analysis, performing deep dive investigations or driving specific risk initiatives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to financial services compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, finance, accounting, risk management, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years of enterprise and/or operational risk management experience in a financial institution required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience designing and implementing risk management programs or processes is preferred.
- Working experience with 2nd Line of Defense within a bank, credit union, or financial services company
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management programs, practices and processes inclusive of risk identification, analysis, mitigation/control, communication, monitoring, reporting and escalation.
- Operational Risk Management experience and knowledge of ORM concepts and practices
- Process mapping, risk identification, assessment of control environments, risk monitoring and measurements and understanding of the relevant operational risk types/sub- types, is preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and workflow analysis skills, including demonstrated ability to quickly synthesize information from various sources, identifying key points and issues.
- Ability to apply judgment around risk management and control frameworks and industry best practices and make sound risk/reward decisions using a balance of data, logic and intuition to inform critical business strategies and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to negotiate, influence, and build collaborative, cross-organization relationships, even in difficult situations.
- Must have strong communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, including ability to convey complex situations and relationships concisely to management and executive level audiences.
- Strong process facilitation, process management and improvement skills; ability to independently and effectively handle multiple priorities and deliver a quality result within tight deadlines.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com