Right now, we are looking for an outstanding, brilliant, and driven Sr. Specialist Application Engineer to join our growing team. While our Sr. Specialist Application Engineers are involved in multiple things throughout the Technology organization, primarily they are responsible for working with the Technology and the Business teams to design, build, and implement amazing web and process applications. These Team Members are also charged with assisting the Client Success department in resolving issues relating to production processes. The Sr. Specialist Application Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as well.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Lead the evaluation / design / implementation of new technologies as needed to complete strategic product initiatives
- Define / educate team on new technologies and/or standards that are introduced to the team
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications
- Employ web-technologies, agile development methodologies, and existing healthcare technologies to create solutions that fulfill a direct user need
- Utilize enterprise level software designs to deliver highly effective solutions
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with diverse experiences and problem solving techniques
- Seek out inefficiencies in process and actively propose/lead changes to improve engineering process
- Hold team members accountable for agreed upon goals - make sure peers follow process and focus on the right tasks to complete goals
- Provide feedback/recommendations to team in order to improve the team's effectiveness (through retros)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or have equivalent experience
• 9+ years of professional experience in web-based software development with Object Oriented languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, etc.)
• Experience with full stack web application frameworks (LAMP)
• Traditional RDBMS databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.)
• Git Version Control
• Unit and integration testing methodologies
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience in an Agile development environment
• Experience with transactional/batch processing is preferred
• Any experience in upgrading AngularJS to a modern framework is preferred
Waystar provides cloud-based technology that simplifies and unifies healthcare payments. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar products have won Best in KLAS® or Category Leader every year since 2010 and earned multiple #1 rankings from Black Book™ surveys since 2012. The Waystar platform supports more than 500,000 providers, 1,000 health systems and hospitals, and 5,000 payers and health plans. For more information, visit waystar.com or follow @Waystar on Twitter.