Staff Accountant - Banking
STORE SUPPORT CENTER
We are searching for an experienced Staff Accountant - Banking at 600 Citadel Drive Commerce, California, 90040.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant - Banking position reports to the Sr. Accounting Manager, Banking & Receipts. Theprimary function of this position is to ensure the accurate and timelyreconciliation of the multiple bank and general ledger (GL) accounts and toresearch and resolve variances as appropriate to ensure proper recording ofsales, cash receipts and other department related accounting activities. Thisposition will also assist in managing and reconciling E-commerce activity to 3rd party agreements. Key responsibilities also include recording journal entriesduring period close, preparing and analyzing accruals, and reviewing actuals vsbudget and analyzing variances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includethe following. Other duties may be assigned or required.
Ensures that activities and funds received reconcile to actualtransactions and that the books and records of the Company accurately reflectthe sales and assets of the Company.
- Manages reconciliation software uploads of banking and accounting data to facilitate cash and revenue balancing of 250+ stores.
- Provides accounting analysis and review of various tender types including EBT, WIC, checks, credit and debit cards and cash.
- Reconciles accounts receivable GL to sub-ledger daily and resolves issues while maintaining setup requirements.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information related to sales, receipts and banking; supports revenue recognition requirements.
- Interacts with stores and banks regarding deposit and change order discrepancies.
- Researches cardholder disputes and provides necessary supporting documentation to remedy chargebacks.
- Provides department backup including bad check and gift card processing, supports internal/external customers and assists in resolving issues and performs other special projects as assigned.
- Assists Senior Manager with designing and implementing new accounting processes related to new streams of revenue including E-commerce and 3rd party agreements.
Fiscal Close Process
Ensures that assigned General Ledger accounts accuratelyreflect the transactions of the Company and required period end adjustments arecompleted on a timely basis.
- Prepares accruals based on analysis of historical data; build assumptions over invoice "lag" and make recommendations.
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts to the appropriate supporting systems or schedules and prepare period end journal entries.
- Reviews variances between budget and forecast, investigates budget assumptions and latest forecast against actuals, report significant variances to Sr. Manager.
- Supports the Senior Manager with external auditors related to the revenue for the organization.
- Provides evidence of testing of SOX controls and supporting audit schedules for periodic corporate audits of S&F.
Information System Activity and Process Redesign
As most of the accounting is systematized, the ability to work with a broad array of internal and external systems is a key requirement of this position while maintaining necessary system specifications.
- Assists the Accounting Manager with designing and implementing changes and improving efficiency and accuracy of the department.
- Prepares special analyses and reporting as needed or requested utilizing the various systems used to manage the accounting processes.
- Assists in collecting data used by the Manager to develop metrics to measure and monitor the performance of the Company and provide additional insight.
- Implements, reviews and validates and/or reconciles data flows for internal and 3rd party providers relating to E-commerce and revenue as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or (B.S.) from four-yearcollege or university with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Business withat least three years related experience and/or training is required; requiresstrong accounting reconciliation skills. Experience with high volume multiplelocation business is preferred. Strong PC skills and the ability to utilizedatabase programs and spreadsheets is required. Incumbents must also have astrong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
This job has expired.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to clearly write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from corporate management, store managers, internal clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Exceptionally strong intuitive computer skills.
- Personal computer skills including the MS Office programs; Excel, Power Point, Access and Word and the ability to apply these skills to essential duties and responsibilities are required.
- Must have prior experience working with financial applications (experience with SAP strongly preferred) and interfacing with internet-based data on external websites.