All qualified candidates are eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Clinical Resource Nursing Unit:
The CRU is an in-house registered nurse float pool for the adult patient population. This "virtual unit" is divided into five teams. Nurses choose a team based on their expertise, experience, and preferences. The unit emphasizes flexibility and adaptability.
Team 2: includes the monitored step-down units: Neurosciences, Medical Cardiology, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery, Burn/Trauma, and RSCU.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
Percent of Time: 90% - 36 hours per week Schedule:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions
Varying shifts available, every third weekend, 1 summer and 1 winter holiday required Location:
John Colloton Pavilion (JCP) SEIU Pay Plan:
https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan Pay Differentials:
Shift differentials for evening, night and weekend shifts. Premium pay for additional shifts greater than 4 hours. Inpatient differential of up to $5,000 per year. Benefits Highlights:
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. Education Requirement:
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures is desired
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Kylie Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Kylie Guy
- Contact Email: email@example.com