Staff Security Engineer
We are looking for a motivated Staff Security Engineer with a proven computer security background and hands-on experience to join our architecture security team. This position is available in Cambridge, UK or Austin, TX USA.
This role will allow you to shape the security of future Arm CPUs and systems. It involves cooperating with highly motivated architects, researchers and engineers from Arm and the leading computing companies in the world.
- Investigating new security vulnerabilities in Arm CPUs at different stages: architecture specification, RTL design, FPGA models and silicon.
- PoC and exploit writing.
- Exploration of new tools and methodologies (e.g., fuzzing, formal methods, machine learning, etc.) to find security vulnerabilities.
- Security analysis of new Arm architecture extensions.
- Proactively learning the latest Arm technology and keeping up to date with the progress on the new computer security threats.
- Seeking support from peers and communicates when vital to collaborate and make successful deliveries.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated understanding and ability in computer security (played CTFs, published research and talks, exploits, PoCs, etc.)
- Good understanding of computer architecture (preferably Arm) and OS fundamentals
- Capable of taking large and sophisticated engineering tasks
- Knowledge of the computer security industry landscape and Arm's role in the ecosystem
- Self-motivated, proactive demeanour towards challenges and structured problem solving
- Solid writing and interpersonal skills
- Phenomenal teamwork skills, able to constructively influence other's work and contribute to peer reviews
- Capable of short/mid term tactical planning to deliver team objectives
"NICE TO HAVE" SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of micro-architectural attacks and side-channels
- Reverse engineering skills
- Experience with RTL code (Verilog)
- Experience with bus protocols (AMBA, CXL, PCIe, USB, etc.)
You will be working alongside highly skilled security researchers on the Arm architecture and its ecosystem. Our team is actively looking for security vulnerabilities and threats that could impact the overall Arm architecture. This includes proposing and analysing countermeasures.
Team members are also involved in responding to new security threats reported externally to Arm, this provides the opportunity to collaborate with academic researchers and security teams in other companies. The ubiquitous Arm architecture gives this team a head-start to reach far ahead into the security state of products of tomorrow.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don't discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!