The Cargo Handler drives a fork-lift to load/Un-load freight from customer and company trucks. Assist customers with loading/un-loading freight from their cars and moving freight onto and off skids. Assist with loading ocean containers and over the road trucks, hand loading boxes as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to:
- Lift up to 75lb boxes repeatedly and relocating them to appropriate locations, shrink wrapping skids and labeling boxes.
- Position requires throwing, bending, standing, pulling, and reaching for various physical tasks.
- Follow instructions received by any member of the management team.
- Work in a timely and efficient speed due to truck schedule's time constraints.
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Lift heavy objects by hand or forklift, clean work area, machines, and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION and/or CERTIFICATION:
- Ensure meeting of productivity standards established.
- Meet company attendance policy.
- Maintain performance levels as specified.
- Highschool or GED but not required
- Driver license required
- Knowledge of warehouse safety procedures.
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES:
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Warehouse experience is a plus
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Must be familiar with computer programs although some training will be offered.
- Must have a customer service background.
- Self-starter attitude is required, must be able to work effectively with minimal to no supervision
- Must have good attention to detail, this includes continuously monitoring shipments from the point of receipt to delivery.
Job duties include but are not limited to lifting, pulling, pushing, grasping, twisting (including wrists), reaching below and overhead, standing for long periods, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and lifting heavy items. Warehouse climate conditions are subject to change without notice.
Mental, visual, and auditory acuity necessary to work with or near moving mechanical parts (i.e., cooler, dock equipment), in high, precarious places (i.e., ladder work), and cold/hot climate conditions. Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to computers, human voices, sound systems, and machinery.TRAVEL
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, and skills required of an employee in this position. Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. reserves the right to request that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example, by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development).
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. also reserves the right to revise this job description.AAP/EEO STATEMENT
Amerijet International Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regards to race, color religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.
Any applicant requiring assistance with our online application process or who needs and accommodation for the application process due to a disability should contact (954) 320-5391.
This job has expired.