General Motors has needs for qualified Stationary Engineer/Boiler Operator Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the skilled trades Stationary Engineer Journeyperson is responsible for operating and maintaining gas fired boilers, large centrifugal and reciprocating air compressors, heat exchangers, water softeners, chilled water systems, cooling towers, wastewater systems, high quality water systems, and/or other related equipment found in an industrial powerhouse. (See DOL 51-8021.00 - Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators).
Additional Job DescriptionInterested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of assigned equipment
- Analyze and troubleshoot malfunctions in equipment and related components, diagnosing and correcting the problems quickly to avoid production delays
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Basic computer skills
- U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as a Stationary Engineer, or six (6) years of documented experience as a Stationary Engineer / Boiler Operator (documentation required, e.g., US DD214, license)
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includecomprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours daily, weekends and holidays on those shifts with little notice
Boiler Operator or Stationary Engineer License (depending on jurisdiction)
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.