Posted in Education and Training
Location:Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category:Support Services (Services/Trades)
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 480223
Location: 5755 Cedar Lane, Columbia, MD 21044
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
On-call, weekend work required
The Sterile Supply Technician provides a continuous flow of sterile/reusable supplies, equipment and surgical instrumentation which require centralized collection, disinfection, inspection, assembly, preparation, sterilization and monitoring to hospital areas. Provides these services by knowledge and implementation of regulatory guidelines and designated policies and procedures. Is required to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional and cordial manner.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year experience in Sterile Supply required.
2. To effectively perform all duties related to this position, orientation can vary from three (3) months to six (6) months depending on prior experience and an understanding of the basic principles of asepsis.
1. A national or state certification from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management - IAHCSMM for Sterile Processing Technicians (CRCST) required.
2. Current SPD Technicians are expected to pass exam and show evidence of CRCST certification to HR and SPD Manager.
1. Thorough knowledge of Operating Room instrumentation, tray preparation and equipment peferred.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills for effective communication with other hospital department employees are necessary due to the service nature of the department.
3. Ability to readily adapt to changing work flow and to follow verbal instructions in an accurate and timely manner.
4. Ability to work independently on tasks using written instructions and to write documentation data clearly and completely.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/sterile-supply-technician-days-support-services-services-trades-us-md-columbia-howard-cou-620146-3df11/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5abdcad4d3a18e438f818e1bf2645295
*By registering with our site, you agree to our