Vallen’s Storeroom Buyers typically reside at a customer location and are responsible for providing exceptional service to Vallen’s customers by purchasing products, goods and materials (stock and/or non-stock, or stock buy) that meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform procurement activities to ensure the customer’s current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock and/or non-stock, or spot buy) are met and in alignment with Vallen’s purchasing strategies.
- Review and approve assigned inventory forecasts produced by Vallen’s inventory management or other Enterprise Resource Planning application.
- Review and approve daily replenishment recommendations produced by Vallen’s inventory management or other Enterprise Resource Planning application.
- Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or de-expediting for optimal delivery.
- Place purchase requisitions and vendor purchase orders.
- Research, assess, and make recommendations for vendors and/or specific items of request to ensure they comply with specifications and meet the customer's quality, pricing, and delivery standards.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or replacement items.
- Expedites purchase orders for stock inventory to meet customer requirements.
- Negotiate and coordinate vendor returns for aging, expired, or excess inventory; coordinate other liquidation activities as required.
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with customers.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness and product quality.
- Assist with the authorization for payment of invoices as necessary.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with one or more suppliers, vendors, and assigned customers.
- Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with suppliers.
- Assist with identifying opportunities for and document customer cost savings.
- Produce customer KPI measurement data and related reports as requested.
- Follow all Vallen and customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to LEAN operating practices; ensure worksite is professional, clean and neat at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (e.g., Business, Finance, etc.). 1+ years of experience in the field of Procurement preferred. CPM certification preferred. Other relevant experience includes:
- Excellent customer service.
- Computer skills and aptitude to learn Vallen’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications; GAINS experience preferred.
- Mathematical aptitude for basic calculations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and execution skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Work Environment (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.):
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing repetitive key-boarding activities.
- Work may be in a manufacturing environment, warehouse, or other non-typical office setting and could have exposure to dirt, smoke, heat, cold, etc.
- Safety protection may be required while in the customer’s facility (hand, foot, and eye or other as dictated by the customer’s safety protocols).
- Overtime hours may be required with little advanced notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.
This job has expired.