Motiva is an investment-grade, independent, and entrepreneurial enterprise that is a wholly owned affiliate of Saudi Aramco. Motiva strives to be the safest and most profitable downstream business in Saudi Aramco's portfolio within the Americas. Headquartered in Houston, TX, we own and operate North America's largest refinery-with a crude capacity of 630,000 barrels a day! With a network of equity terminals that are supplying gasoline and diesel to thousands of retail outlets under the iconic Shell and 76® brands, we are comprised of 2,500 dedicated US employees working together to bring the country the energy it needs while giving back to the communities!
Motiva is seeking a Strategy & Business Development Manager focused on Refining to support Motiva's strategic efforts. The position will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to drive growth, profitability, resiliency, competitiveness, and operational excellence within the Motiva's Refining Business. Although this role is not managing individuals, it has a high emphasis on managing a portfolio of growth projects and will work closely with cross-functional teams, including operations, finance, marketing, and executive leadership. We're looking for someone with a strong understanding of manufacturing operations, ability to identify operational challenges and/or opportunities and translate those into holistic strategic plans for Motiva, ability to analyze market trends, and formulating strategies to enhance Motiva's position in the refining market. This role will be house in One Allen Center with frequent travel to the Motiva Port Arthur Manufacturing Complex as needed.
Experience and Qualifications Required:Basic Qualifications:
- Strategy Development: Adjust and refine Motiva's strategic direction in the refining sector. Utilize manufacturing and operational acumen to identify strategic opportunities within Motiva's Refining assets and translate those into cohesive and holistic strategic plans that enhance the business' profitability and resiliency over time. Identify key market trends, competitive dynamics, and emerging opportunities. Collaborate with senior management to define and execute long-term growth strategies.
- Market Analysis: Conduct comprehensive market research and analysis to identify potential growth areas and refine business development priorities. Evaluate industry trends, competitor activities, and customer needs to inform strategic decision-making.
- Business Development: Identify and evaluate new business opportunities within the refining industry, such as acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, and market expansions. Conduct feasibility studies, financial analysis, and risk assessments to support investment decisions.
- Relationship Management: Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including industry associations, customers, suppliers, and government entities. Collaborate with internal and external partners to drive business development initiatives and ensure alignment with the company's objectives.
- Competitive Intelligence: Monitor and analyze competitors' activities, market dynamics, and regulatory changes in the refining sector. Provide insights and recommendations to the leadership team regarding competitive positioning and potential threats.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct financial modeling and analysis to evaluate the financial viability of business development opportunities. Assess project profitability, return on investment, and payback periods to support decision-making processes.
- Strategic Partnerships: Identify and pursue strategic partnerships and collaboration with other organizations in the refining industry. Evaluate potential synergies, negotiate agreements, and manage ongoing relationships to drive mutual growth and value creation.
- Performance Measurement: Develop and implement performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of business development initiatives and track progress against strategic objectives. Prepare regular reports and presentations for senior management to communicate key findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, engineering, or a related field; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience with extensive Operational understanding
- Extensive experience (10+ years) in strategy development and business development within the refining or oil and gas industry.
- Strong knowledge of the refining sector, including industry trends, technologies, and regulatory frameworks.
- Proven track record of identifying and executing successful business development opportunities.
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation abilities, with the ability to convey complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw Motiva jobs at any time, including prior to the closing date. Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or grade.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Motiva Enterprises LLC without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (for example, TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.