General Motors Global Electrification, Controls, Software and Electronics organization is focused on a world with Zero crashes, Zero emissions and Zero congestion. In an embrace of Agile practices and system engineering principals, we develop some of the most advanced and awesome mobility features. This innovative role within the Body/HVAC/Passive Safety Electronics & Controls team will support new technology development applicable to aspects of autonomous, electric and traditional internal combustion applications. Agile, System Engineering, requirements development, front and rear closures and controls integration knowledge are definite plus. The drive and tenacity to grow technically and professionally while working some of the most recognized features in General Motors is a must!
The Systems Engineer is an Individual contributor with recognized expertise responsible for tasks and work throughout the entire vehicle development lifecycle including requirements definition, systems design and implementation, testing, and problem resolution.
Additional Job Description
- Create and maintain subsystem/component technical specifications in IBM DOORS and/or IBM Rational Synergy software for Front and Rear closures and Articulating Running Boards.
- Provide guidance and input for feature design verification plans by working with Feature Owners and Validation Engineers.
- Create and maintain mechanization drawings with the assistance of the Architecture group.
- Maintain open requirements issue list and review, track, and report on progress and status.
- Review and update the Electrical subsystem technical specification document for applicable subsystems.
- Create and manage change requests to update requirements and specifications of subsystems using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) tool.
- Work with Software Engineers to review software models to ensure compliance to the requirements.
- Involved in subsystem related issue root cause analysis, whether in vehicles or in electrical benches.
- Work with global technical teams to perform subsystem level testing and defect reports.
- Review Owner's Manual and Service Information related to the applicable subsystem.
- Implement new feature/functions related to the applicable subsystem.
- Scheduling meetings to formulate solutions to issues and translate solutions into requirements.
- Involved in bench and vehicle verification and validation testing for applicable subsystems.
- Performing subsystem level DFMEAs and collaborating in System and Component DFMEAs.
- Use Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) Integration Tool (FIT) for managing FMEA processes across applicable subsystems.
- Assessing JDP and Compass reviews and providing appropriate feedback.
- Support advanced technical work projects that drive future features and vehicle enhancements.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical or related engineering discipline
- 2+ years of related experience
- Understanding of relevant technologies around memory functions is strongly desired.
- Architecture development, requirements modeling and System Engineering background is a plus!
- Ability to effectively communicate issues, status and recommendations to senior management.
- Strong understanding or ability to quickly learn major automotive subsystems.
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.