Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. Travel up to 30% to Metro Detroit and our PDC location across the US.
Are you looking to be a part of a hardworking, passionate team that values innovation, creativity, and speed?
There has never been a better time to work for General Motors!
The Customer Care and Aftersales organization is pleased to announce the creation of a new team focused on reimagining and modernizing our supply chain and warehousing fulfillment strategy to support evolving business requirements as well as future e-fulfillment growth.
The focus of the effort will be on performing competitive analysis to identify and implement global lean supply chain and fulfillment solutions to solve current gaps in the warehousing efficiency and space and executing actions to enable best in class end-to-end supply chain capabilities.
Reimaging fulfillment is a cultural shift within GM-CCA that empowers and inspires the team to take action and embrace the demeanor that, "Everything can be made better."
You will help lead strategy development in turning fulfillment into a competitive differentiator for GM and advancing the work on future fulfillment model.
The Fulfillment Transformation Manager will be a strategic, innovative, and experienced leader within Supply Chain, Warehousing and Fulfillment industry to own an interdisciplinary team charged with developing new supply chain and fulfillment solutions to increase speed, improve accuracy and reduce cost to serve.
The role will help identify and implement emerging technologies to modernize our rapidly growing fulfillment network. Experience with advanced warehouse management systems, material movement automation, high speed picking systems, goods to person technologies, ASRS and unitizing will be key to accelerate technology at GM.
Applicants should have strong fulfillment experience, strong leadership capabilities, and proven track record with:
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications:
- Cross-functional teams to conceptualize, design, implement and roll out programs and processes that improve supply chain, warehousing, fulfillment and logistics operations
- Prioritizing and crafting project plans, modernizing processes, coordinating, driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes.
- Developing performance indicators related to efficiency and quality, roll out a major process changes and develop the roadmap to further improve quality and reduce cost through network standardization.
- Creating insights into the Aftersales businesses, including supply chain markets, competitors, and suppliers through fact-based analysis.
- Facilitates & supporting strategy sessions around industry & competitive intel with Executive leadership
- Delivering timely and detailed competitor analysis
- Execute in-depth competitive analysis and deep-dives to develop new business strategies; including incorporating emerging technologies/capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business from an accredited institution
- 5 years combined experience in supply chain, warehousing & logistics.
- Exercises independent judgment in managing complex and ambiguous tasks with minimal input from direct leader
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead diverse/cross-functional teams as well as mentor, motivate and elicit work output from peers and other team members
- Effective communicator with solid oral and written presentation skills
- Advanced Warehouse Management Systems
- RF Scanning and Digital Transactions vs paper
- Material movement automation
- High Speed Picking and Goods to Person Technologies
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems
- Supply Chain Optimization
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.