The Supply Planner is responsible for planning production, as well as other supply related activities for Ben Moore’s manufacturing sites from the corporate level. This position will work with all the Supply Chain Planning Teams (Demand/Supply/Inventory) to understand the production requirements at an aggregate level and help prioritize them to meet customers’ demand in the most efficient way possible.
The Supply Planner will also work closely with the individual manufacturing sites to understand their specific needs, hurdles, and goals, while collaborating with them to gain maximum / optimal output on production. Throughout the process, the Supply Planner will be required utilize SAP, Excel, Access, SAP Business Objects, as well as other technology sources to gather data, communicate plans, report on performance, and build relationships to gain the best value for the organization from Supply Plan.
This role will also be critical in assisting with the commitment of supply and inventory to large jobs of varying scale and timing, as well as assisting the sales team in making commitments to international partners.
- Review SAP MRP regularly and work up a rough-cut supply/capacity plan for overall company
- Lead Weekly calls with the Manufacturing Sites
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Manage production schedules and priorities, working closely with the site schedulers to best meet customer needs
- Work closely with Manufacturing Team to understand material and labor constraints
- Collaborate and communicate with Benjamin Moore’s internal and external partners
- Support and coordinate with the PPO Team to attain launch deadlines and obsolescence goals
- Perform special projects as assigned by management related to production / supply planning
- Monitor LargeBuy box and make commitments based on inventory and supply
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Bachelor’s Degree in field of Business or Supply chain required
- Multiple site Supply, Production, & Inventory experience
- Basic understanding of demand planning/forecasting
- SAP experience strongly preferred, ERP/MRP experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Customer (internal and external) Centric approach
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must be agile, have an ability to adapt, and take on additional responsibilities within Supply Chain as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.
At Benjamin Moore & Co, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive because it benefits our employees, our products, and our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Benjamin Moore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program
Benjamin Moore provides Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to support eligible active employees who graduated from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. The Repayment Program is intended to contribute to reducing employee’s student loans. The Company follows all rules and regulations concerning the taxability of student loan repayments provided under applicable law.Company ProfileClick to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.