Location:Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Nursing Support/Patient Care
Now offering a $2,500 Sign-On BONUS!!!
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
The Surgical Technologist help prepare the operating room by setting up sterile surgical instruments and supplies. During the surgical procedure the surgical tech is responsible for anticipating the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and supplies, performing sponge/ sharps counts, providing solutions to the surgeons. The surg tech will ensure there are no breaks in sterile technique.
Zayed 5: Cardiovascular Thoracic OR has 6 state of the art operating rooms and robotics equipment. Primary adult cardiac and vascular surgical procedures include: coronary artery bypass, valve repair or replacement, Type A or B aortic dissections, heart or lung transplants, implantation of mechanical circulatory devices and robotics cases.
Shifts: 10-hour day/evening rotating shifts
Benefits: The Johns Hopkins Hospital values the people who work here and offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits to our employees as a total compensation package.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Successful completion of a Surgical Technology training program or equivalent Surg Tech Military training/work experience is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- Minimum of 2 years of surgical technician work experience required
CST certification via NBSTSA required
Important Notices: ***Effective January 1st. 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination
- Affordable Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Plans
- Short term disability coverage (cost covered by JHH)
- Vacation & Sick Time; plus 3 free days, and 7 paid holidays
- Retirement Benefits: Pension and 403B
- Tuition assistance
- Several other optional benefits (FSA, AFLAC plans, Pre-paid legal, Pet insurance)
- Exclusive Employee Discounts: Cell phone plans, amusement parks, shopping, hotels, cars, electronics, restaurants and more!
- Johns Hopkins mySupport: free & confidential 24/7, free resources mental health counseling, assistance with financial and legal issues
and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions
to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.***Authorization to Work in the United States:
Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/surgical-tech-ii-cardiovascular-thoracic-or-nursing-support-patient-care-johns-hopkins-hospital-nu-616289-32cd5/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.