Job ID: 217918
Location: KEARNEYSVILLE , WV , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Category: Wage Determination (SCA)
Subcategory: Service Contract Act
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
Bachelors and one (1) year or more experience. Four additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers. Comparable experience with CentOS, Ubuntu, openSUSE or Debian may be substituted.
- Good knowledge of Linux-PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules for Linux), SSH, SMTP, SNMP, NFS, and other Linux core services.
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot problems with networking between RHEL and non-RHEL platforms such Windows Server.
- Ability to learn new products and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability of end-to-end problem management and ownership
- Ability to create and manage work instructions, system and project documentation.
- Working knowledge of authentication functions and protocols such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Active Directory
- Scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes utilizing bash, ksh, python, etc.
- Understanding of system security concepts and mitigation strategies (POAMs, vulnerabilities) to include test and planning procedures.
- Conceptual knowledge of SAN and or NAS systems.
- Ability to manage endpoints with enterprise tools such as Red Hat Satellite
- Experience with backup solutions
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator or equivalent a PLUS