Umbra builds next-generation space systems that observe the Earth in unprecedented fidelity.
Our mission: Deliver global omniscience.
To stay ahead of climate change, geopolitical risk, and other major crises and issues, we need a global understanding of what is changing, where, and how fast. Umbra provides easy access to the highest quality commercial satellite data available, which is an indispensable tool for the growing number of organizations monitoring the Earth. We empower our customers to create the solutions that inform, inspire, and address our planet's most pressing needs. We're helping to create a brand new industry that has never meaningfully existed before.
We are looking for a a talented, mission-driven professional to work closely with a multidisciplinary business operations team (finance, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing) as a Systems Administrator focused on successful scoping, implementation, core systems integration and ongoing system administration. The individual filling this position will collaborate with the finance, accounting, operations, manufacturing, and engineering teams to configure, roll out and continuously monitor and improve business systems, including ERP system implementation and administration.
- With support from Umbra's IT Director, maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, SaaS applications, servers, desktops, software and hardware
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that's always up and running
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems
- Support cloud-based ERP project implementation team with initial rollout and subsequent functionality enhancement
- Configure and set up core integrations with ERP (i.e., NetSuite)
- Set up and schedule system and custom on-demand reports
- Support and train users on daily ERP tasks and overall navigation
- Troubleshoot integration and data exchange issues with related systems
- Create and maintain process and procedure documentation
- Perform server administration tasks including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and error, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Monitor datacenter and application heath using preexisting management tools and respond to issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new applications and services as the need arises
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
- Participate in continuous evaluation and improvement of software tools to best satisfy business and security requirements
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, accounting, finance or another related field
- Three years of experience working in systems administration
- Understanding of core business processes related to accounting and purchasing
- Strong familiarity and experience with identity management, single sign on (SSO) and MFA
- Overall strong focus on security and compliance
- Customer-centric mindset and ability to conceptualize and implement end-to-end solutions that scale
- Advanced proficiency with Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira)
- Advanced proficiency with Windows and iOS operating systems
- Experience administering G-Suite and Microsoft Products
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced development environment
- Experience with NetSuite, SAP and/or Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with administration and integration of SaaS tools
- Knowledge of information security and data protection best practices
- Experience in a manufacturing, high-tech and/or aerospace company
- Flexible Time Off & Sick
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k)
- Stock Options
Umbra is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.Employment Eligibility Verification:
- Standing desks
- Downtown HQ with Free Snacks & Drinks
- Free Parking
- Catered lunches
In compliance with federal laws, all hired persons will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States by completing the required Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9 Form) upon hire.ITAR/EAR Requirements:
This position may include access to technology and/or data that is subject to U.S. export controls pursuant to ITAR and EAR. To comply with federal export controls, all persons hired must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee as defined by 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or must otherwise be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State and/or U.S.Department of Commerce as applicable.
This job has expired.