Systems Analyst II
Remote within WA, OR, ID, or UT. Candidates outside of these states will not be considered
The Systems Analyst II participates in a team environment for the development, maintenance and delivery of application systems as an integral part of a multi-functional team. This position is generally responsible for system, business and data analysis. This position provides business, analytical, design, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work. This position additionally ensures correct business functionality and engineering/technology standards are addressed within the computer applications.
- Read and create simple structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Read and understand simple design and business models.
- Writes basic SQL queries, reads simple data models.
- Familiarity with metadata and relative importance.
- Understands and participates in the creation of deliverables.
- Manage tasks on smaller work efforts in support of the software development methodology.
- Actively acquire in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
- Provides estimates for small tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Reads moderately complex and creates structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Reads and understands moderately complex and creates simple design and business models.
- Provides support for projects during installation and post implementation.
- Reads most data models and has the ability to participate in logical data model creation.
- Writes moderately complex SQL queries.
- Provides estimates for moderate size tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Manages tasks on moderate size enterprise-wide work efforts in support of the Project Results Office methodology.
- Delivers effective presentations. Encourages and skillfully manages questions. Produces effective presentation materials.
- Actively acquires in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
- Motivated self-starter who can deal with ambiguity, lead projects and issues.
- Experience creating moderately complex SQL queries for research, evaluation and analysis of data sets, troubleshooting, data and business rules validation to determine optimal courses of action.
- Familiarity with metadata and relative importance.
- Ability to analyze and interpret qualitative data (research, feedback) and incorporate such insights into quantitative analysis.
- Gather user requirements to create use cases and perform user acceptance testing.
- Experience using Agile/SCRUM methodologies and how it's applied to data projects.
- May participate in the research, evaluation and selection of vendor products, methodologies and processes.
- Partners with stakeholders, vendors, and various business and IT areas to build and execute against strategic roadmaps that incorporate people, process, and technology.
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to guide groups to consensus and influence change.
- Ability to facilitate and lead small teams for work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues.
- Able to participate in requirements sessions/interviews and document clear requirements.
- Ability to think from the end-user's standpoint and to understand, translate and communicate technical and complex ideas and situations to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- MS Office
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Experience using applications such as Toad, Jira, SharePoint, Remedy, Tableau, Selenium
- Knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts, including provider search.
The Systems Analyst II would have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field and minimum of 3 years business or system experience developing requirements for projects where computer software is created or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience including experience with methodologies and structured analytical approach.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members for 100 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you're seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com
This job has expired.