We are a 140-year-old/9000-person Global Analytics Organization.
Our mission: Elsevier helps researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society.
Aries is undergoing a wide-ranging technology evolution. We are moving from a traditional, datacenter-based technology stack, to an Agile, AWS-hosted platform, built following DevOps practices. We have the investment and the enthusiasm for change. Now we are looking for an Engineering Lead, who is up for the challenge of helping to lead this transformation. The ability to lead change & coach others is as important as your technical know-how. This is a unique opportunity to put your stamp on this change and help guide Aries Technology into the future.
DevOps is a key position within the Technology, Infrastructure, and Operations group. The successful candidate will need a strong background in leading teams performing cloud, DevOps, and infrastructure automation tasks. You should have a strong technical background yourself, as technical leadership as well as people management is key to this role.
As a member of th Operations Organization, you'll be working with a broad group of contributors across Aries' Technology organization, as well as a number of key technologists in our parent-company technology teams. Importantly, we're looking for an evangelist, a leader, a partner, and a teammate.
Responsibilities (fancy words describing DevOps things you'll need to be good at):
- People Management activities in a team that is transitioning to Agile, DevOps and Cloud.
- Being a key player in the modernization of our entire technology stack, as we re-architect and migrate from a datacenter to AWS.
- Technical leadership for a DevOps team, and a traditional Operations team that is transitioning to DevOps
- Coaching, mentoring, evangelizing DevOps & Cloud within the organization
- Collaborate effectively within Agile dev squads delivering continuous improvements in customer outcomes.
- Provide effective solutions through the applied integration of infrastructure, software, and software delivery best practices
- Operate and maintain software systems across the full breadth of the SDLC
- Code and Architectural reviews
Must Haves (things we'll ask you to tell us about when we talk):
- Team Lead experience
- DevOps experience
- Modern scripting (ie Python, Golang, Powershell) and/or OO programming languages as a contributing member within an agile dev squad
- AWS build and design
- Designing CI/CD pipelines, automation elements related to infrastructure composition, deployment orchestration, and monitoring
Nice to Haves (even more things it'd be great if you knew about):
- Experience using Terraform as an AWS automation technology
- Experience deploying configuration management via Ansible or similar
- Microsoft server technologies
- Comfortable presenting and communicating ideas to key stakeholders and engineers alike
- Experience of cloud migration activities from datacenter to cloud
- Hands on experience of implementing infrastructure and service based monitoring solutions
- A good understanding of the security controls required to host applications and services in the cloud
- A good understanding of release management techniques within a cloud hosted environment
- Source code version control systems, e.g. GitHub
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.