As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Reporting to the MGH Director of Talent Acquisition (TA), the TA Coordinator is responsible for providing support to TA Partners and new hires throughout the on-boarding process. The TA Coordinator will oversee the onboarding cycle of a hire from the point of offer acceptance through the individual's first day of employment - inclusive of criminal background checks, verification of education/licensure and the I-9 process. The TA Coordinator ensures that each hire is compliant in these areas, escalating and/or resolving issues as they arise, and is responsible for entering new hire information into PeopleSoft accurately. Additionally, the TA Coordinator may provide recruitment support to Talent Acquisition Partners and hiring departments throughout the selection process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Relevant activities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Contacts new hires within 48 hours of offer acceptance to review the MGH on-boarding process - inclusive of local & national criminal background checks, education verification, the I-9 process and primary source verification (as applicable).
• Utilizes various technologies to initiate each component of the process including Taleo, HireRight, the MGB CORI database and state licensing board websites.
• Monitors the responsiveness of each new hire as well as the results of each check. Informs the appropriate Talent Acquisition Partner of any delays or issues that arise.
• Enrolls each new hire in New Employee Orientation as well as job specific trainings as requested.
• Acts as the point person for new hires throughout the on-boarding process; answering questions, offering guidance and troubleshooting/escalating issues as needed.
• Enters all new hire information accurately into PeopleSoft in a timely manner. Makes corrections to employee PeopleSoft records as requested.
• Ensures all new hires are compliant ahead of their designated start date.
• Provides junior level recruitment support to TA Partners and hiring departments throughout the selection process, which may include screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, initiating references, completing salary calculations and other duties as delegated by TA Partners.
• May coordinate external career events, including, but not limited to college recruiting, career fairs, open house, and community organizations. Attend these events, representing TA as required.
• Act as a resource in the creation of advertising and sourcing including venues of social media, print advertising, career events, billboards, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience.
• 1-3 years' applicable experience in business or academia required. Experience with Human Resources specifically in talent acquisition preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Previous experience with PeopleSoft, Taleo or HireRight preferred.
• Previous experience in using an Applicant Tracking System.
• HR Certification
• Proficiency with PeopleSoft and Taleo
Skills, Abilities and Competencies