Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 75 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will lead the development and execution of our professional staffing strategies in support of organizational objectives. Responsibilities include sourcing and attracting qualified candidates, providing exceptional candidate care, driving talent acquisition and retention process improvements, coordinating diversity-equity-inclusion efforts, campus recruiting, enhancing our employer brand, and supporting organizational talent management activities.
- New hires fit our culture and meet job requirements.
- Managers have a diverse pool of candidates to select from.
- Staffing process is yielding high quality candidates and hires in a timely fashion.
- Low new hire turnover.
- New hires are excited to join our company after having an outstanding candidate experience.
- Organizational diversity is improving.
- Minimal use of 3rd party staffing partners.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
Adaptability - takes a flexible approach to addressing opportunities; open to new and different ways of doing things
Communication - listens to others and creates clarity through verbal and written communication
Customer Focus - clearly articulates customer needs to drive customer satisfaction; provides excellent service to internal and external customers
Entrepreneurial Spirit- actively seeks out and recognizes opportunities that help company grow, improve, and evolve
Focus - shows high level of detail orientation and attention to tasks
Organization Effectiveness - effectively navigates organizational structures and drives momentum to achieve desired outcomes
Relationship Management - builds sincere and mutually beneficial bonds with people
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field
- 5 years' experience in HR and/or talent acquisition
- Experience recruiting professionals in a manufacturing environment or relevant industry
- Ability to understand a variety of professional roles and requirements and to ask probing and insightful questions to determine cultural fit, capabilities, and qualifications
- Familiarity with relevant employment law including strong knowledge of Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, and OFCCP regulations is required
- Experience with employer branding and applicant sourcing via advertisements, outreach social media platforms, and job boards
- Experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focused recruiting and initiatives
- Professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to travel occasionally, including infrequent international travel
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org