At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Tax Analyst Sr. within PNC's Wealth Manager organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Performs secondary review of return types with the highest level of complexity and serves as mentor to less experienced accountants.
- With minimal supervision, independently prepares and files tax returns of moderate to high levels of complexity in compliance with federal, state and local statutes, cases, rulings and practices. Manages tax notices and taxing authority audits and inquiries related to client accounts and work with in-house and external counsel in resolving issues. Prepares returns requiring credentialed preparation.
- Reviews client account activity, receipts, disbursements, death notices, corporate reorganizations/exchanges and other corporate actions in client accounts daily, to ensure correct tax reporting. Determines and makes adjustments to entries as needed. Reviews trust instruments, wills and other documents.
- Participates in in-house and external training to enhance technical knowledge and to maintain professional credentials and certifications.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced tax accountants on matters of routine and non-routine nature, including but not limited to secondary review of returns prepared by less experienced staff. Performs secondary review of return types of simple complexity level.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Audit And Compliance Function - Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Information Capture - Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Knowledge of a Specific Financial or Accounting System - Knowledge of and ability to use financial and accounting applications which are specific to the organization.
Problem Solving - Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Tax Management - Knowledge of and the ability to utilize tax laws, organizational tax practices, obligations, issues, and trends.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.