EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a Fortune 500 company and a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
A provider of critical infrastructure systems. EMCOR gives life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by it planning, installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and dynamic systems that create facility environments. This includes electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and power generation systems--in virtually every sector of the economy and for a diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations.
Job Title: -- Tax Manager
Job Summary: -- The position is responsible for the preparation of Federal and Multi-State Income and Franchise Tax Returns for EMCOR Group, Inc. and Subsidiaries and the preparation of the quarterly tax accounting requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- The preparation of federal & multi-state corporate income tax compliance, including returns, estimated payments and extensions
- Domestic tax accounting, including tax rate, balance sheet tax accounts, tax reserves, quarterly and annual disclosures
- Preparation of the quarterly effective tax rate calculation and workpapers consistent with ASC 740
- Analysis of uncertain tax positions
- Research and documentation of the proper tax accounting treatment for transactions
- Special Projects as required
- An undergraduate degree in accounting is required
- Masters of Tax Degree preferred
- CPA required
- Minimum eight to ten years' experience corporate income tax experience in a large, national public accounting firm or eight to ten years of ASC 740 experience in a multinational public company
- Broad based knowledge of federal and multi-state corporate tax
- Onesource Tax Software experience required
- Knowledge of ASC 740, FIN 48 and APB 23 a plus
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Effective problem solver and decision maker
- Self-starter / Self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with independent auditors
EMCOR Group requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Group is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled