GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of Supply Support Manager and within established hospital and departmental guidelines, the Team Lead performs a broad range of activities associated with the operation and service level of the designated department. The Team Lead will actively support the day-to-day operations, focusing on staff productivity, customer service, staff support and management, area safety/cleanliness and vendor management. Serves as area expert and will provide coverage in the absence of department manager.
The Incumbent will work directly with manager to continually analyze current operations and make recommendations for improvement. He/she will also inform manager of any potential issues, which may have an impact on the department and staffing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure all staff are assigned to area jobs, maintain lunch/break schedules, and work assignments are being completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Monitor productivity throughout the day to ensure established performance standards are being met; work with manager to make staffing adjustments as needed.
• Handle all customer inquires/complaints; educate staff members on performance issues to avoid repeated instances.
• Work with management and with the Environmental Services and Safety Departments to maintain acceptable work environment standards; create and distribute documentation of procedures.
• Assist in the development of new procedures; create training documents as needed, track training presented.
• Follows hospital, TJC, DPS, OSHA and CMS guidelines and procedures for supply stocking and rotation.
• The team lead may be present in secure medication storage areas and are allowed to handle and distribute medications supplied by the BWH materials management department.
• Have the ability and competency to satisfactorily perform any job in the unit.
• Ensure that all daily measurement/tracking sheets are completed appropriately by staff; compile weekly/monthly reports, as required.
• Call in staff members to cover staffing shortages, report absences to manager.
• Act in supervisory capacity in manager's absence; work with manager to handle designated administrative responsibilities during this period.
• Maintain staff training documentation; update as appropriate.
• High School diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3 years experience in operations, preferably in a health care setting. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Exceptional customer service and problem solving skills are essential.
• Requires excellent interpersonal, influential and organization skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and database applications required, PeopleSoft experience preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
• On feet most of 8 hour shift.
• Ability to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs).
• Must be able push/pull 400 lbs. using flat bed (manual); 800 lbs. using pallet jack (manual).
• Some hazards associated with soiled linen, needles.
• Must have the ability to adjust to operational changes including service and schedule changes.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.