At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
IT Ops level 1
- This position will be 2nd shift (weekdays). Training will be Monday-Friday (first shift), and when deemed ready, will transition to Monday - Friday 3:30p to 12:00a schedule. Must have flexibility in event the business need dictates a change in the schedule.
- Hotline support - receive calls from various IT groups and vendors regarding faulty service or equipment alerts.
- Vendor callouts -- callout to vendors when alerts found on hardware devices.
- Incident management and documentation -- document all incident events, schedule change orders, escort vendors.
- Hardware deployment: Shipping / receiving, rack/stack servers (ability to lift 50lb servers), cabling up devices between racks and patch panels.
- CMDB updates -- Update DB when new hardware is deployed or decommissioned.
- Strong communication skills:
- This role involves extensive communication between vendors, command centers, engineers, and sometimes senior mgmt. (if outage situation).
- Turnover notes will be taken, describing all incidents, scheduled events, and other day to day operational tasks/events.
- Comprehension skills -- Candidate must be aware and understand all activities occurring on their shift.
- Ability to work well with others, as part of a team (to support all above-mentioned responsibilities)
- Organizational skills:
- Multi-tasking abilities are imperative and will be exercised daily. Multiple calls will come in at same time, all while working another incident.
- Attention to detail- It's possible to overlook the obvious. Candidate must be organized enough to prevent this.
- Ability to retain information -- There is lots of information exchanged across several business units, hardware platforms and amongst our peers. Candidate must be able to document/retain information in a professional manner (no post it's across the desk!)
- IT Ops is responsible for shipping / receiving, escorting vendors and other tasks which involve lots of walking.
- Technical aptitude
- Candidate must be well versed in IT. Understands common components, terminology, industry trends.
- Server knowledge is preferred, but not required. Common hardware components, how they work, diagnostics & troubleshooting. Broad but shallow knowledge on all other platforms is ok.
About the Team:
The DC hardware team consists of <20 individuals. Team members are spread across several shifts including day, night and weekend shifts, and three sites (DC0, DC1 and DC2). Team consists of DC Operations (IT hotline/break/fix), and DC Planning.
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace. Click https://jobs.adp.com/life-at-adp/ to learn more about ADP's culture and our full set of values.