8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT THIS JOB
CarMax Technology Associates build and ship innovative solutions for our Fortune 500 company's customers and associates while engaging with senior mentors and managers to help develop their careers technically and professionally. They leverage cutting edge mobile, cloud, and emerging platform technologies in an Agile environment to further our disruption of the used car buying market.
We're looking for candidates who bring fresh ideas and a wide array of experiences to the team to help us Drive What's Possible in all areas, including API development, data warehousing, large-scale system design, networking, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design, and mobile. Together, we deliver iconic experiences through innovative technology and relentless execution.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Ideal Technology intern candidates will be motivated with a passion for learning and developing both soft and technical skills to support the following roles:
WHAT YOU'LL DO - ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software Development - Experience with various programming languages, team-player, self-starter with a passion for learning
- Cyber Security- Interest in Cybersecurity, some coding experience with a base level knowledge of Operating Systems and Networks with an appetite to learn. Work will be around tool automation and enabling Associates to self-service
- Data Engineering - Building infrastructure, preparing data, and partnering with data scientists and other consumers to ensure data products are reliable, efficient, and have a high degree of quality
- Mobile Development - Experience with various programming languages, an interest in mobile application development, experience with mobile application development (Android or iOS) a plus, but not required.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer Intern - Experience and comfort working with a variety of programming languages and database-driven technologies. Experience or interest in automation technology, web services, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and character recognition. Passion for creative problem solving, process improvement, learning, and teamwork.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for both our customers and our associates.
- Participate in a fast paced, dynamic Agile environment where innovation and collaboration are keys to our success
- Develop communication skills by participating in business customer meetings, design sessions, and presentations to Senior Technology Leaders
- Contribute to products/projects that enable the success of our associates
The Technology Internship program provides opportunity to work alongside teams directly impacting the company. The 10-week program encourages professional growth, development of technology skills, and the opportunity for cross-team collaboration. During the internship you will…
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience the CarMax culture and learn why we are one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For! for 15 consecutive years and now one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies for Millennials
- Learn about CarMax and the technologies and tools used to support our business
- Build your professional network by meeting and connecting with Technology leadership
- Gain exposure and hands-on experience with various programming languages, new technologies, platforms, and tools
- Passion for learning and developing both soft and technical skills
- Ability and desire to collaborate to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business and technical problems
- Coursework/projects, research, internships or other practical experience in/outside of work
- Computer Science or Business Information Technology Degree preferred
Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.