JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Project Tender Analyst is a key support function to Tender Manager and overall US & Canada Project team which is focused on providing services to customs building new or expanded energy, industrial, mining or government facilities. The position is responsible for sourcing logistics cost and service details to support proposals provided to our Project Logistics customers. Assist to drive new business to JAS by providing best procurement results and technical responses geared towards growth plans in place and to support other JAS Project offices.
- Assist with tender management process:
- Development of response format/pricing matrix/responding to queries as well as timely submission of RFI, RFP and RFQ to customers / bid owners;
- Execute procurement activity
- Document and follow up on responses required
- Accumulate all data and compile into a final proposal for the customer
- Record tender key information in Proposal Log
- Follow up with internal account/proposal on status of customer response to proposal
- Analyze tender and distribute tasks to internal stakeholders, and review/validate information received from the internal stakeholders;
- Provide a quality proposal to the assigned bid owner and/or other Tender Management Teams for validation and submission to the customer;
- Update Sub-contractor data base
- Assist in the maintenance of shared drive and technical library database
- Participate in subcontractor meetings as requested
- Participate in customer meetings as requested
- Help create, draft and update certain forms, documents or pricing guidelines for costs that are regularly needed or technical data that is regularly requested.
- Ensure timely response to all inquiries
- Assist Tender Manager with special projects
- Perform other position related duties as specified by management.
- Ensure adherence to all tender and other company policies.
- Provide high-quality support to the country sales overall Project team in all its activities
- Participate actively in bringing in ideas for the Team's activities and take responsibility for related work packages (ie. stakeholder management)
- Collect best practice examples for continuous improvement
- Support market intelligence on competitors pricing, capabilities, facilities, client base, products and services for competition analysis;
- Ensure post bid analysis to be performed by bid owners for all bids, both successful and
- Unsuccessful Tenders. Ensure received tender feedback is shared with relevant functions in the organization.
Education And Experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are mandatory
- Highly energetic, assertive, self-starter with positive, confident personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in standard corporate productivity tools including Microsoft Office. CRM experience helpful
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment to achieve results, or independently with self-direction
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Transportation, Economics or Business, or equivalent experience in logistics, transportation or international business preferred
- Experience in pricing and tender management related to process of aviation or maritime companies.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
- Perform job responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, potential and current customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.