JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Trade Lane Manager is responsible for the overall volume and gross profit growth in the designated route through direct sales activity and in coordination with local sales force and overseas counterparts.
Because traffics are mostly controlled overseas, growth in the lane will be achieved mainly supporting overseas partners:
1) With a minimum of one CST (consignee selling trip) per quarter.
2) Organizing and managing a country desk to respond to all overseas rate requests.
3) Direct sales for Pre-paid traffic.
4) Support of local USA sales people.
5) Acting as the commercial liaison between the overseas team and JAS/USA
- Develop new product services to increase volumes and GP.
- Identify top opportunities (top opportunity = great impact on volumes/GP) to pursue during the CST.
- Monthly reporting of sales activity of the overseas sales teams.
- Be expert in the designated trade.
- Serve as first point of contact for commercial questions from local sales, branches, operations, and RDM's.
- Promote growth in TEU's for OI, FCL, CMB's for OI LCL, Kgs in AI and overall growth in client base and number of shipments.
- Provide internal services to field sales and RCM's in forms of marketing campaigns, flyers, pricing, and routing solutions.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the lane.
- Ultimately responsible for route pipeline at national level.
- Prepare and present quarterly action plan and progress report to the VP of Sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise 1 or more employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and Wintouch.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Able to travel extensive domestically and internationally.
- Safe driving record.
- Extra languages may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or combination of education and experience.
- MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years successful international freight forwarding sales/operations experience.
- Extensive knowledge of import/export processes and laws.
- IATA certification as freight forwarder is desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position, 20% of all activities are performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to 80%) required in support of the position's responsibilities.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee infrequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:VISION STATEMENT:
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.