The Treasurer position is responsible for managing the treasury operations of the bank, including responsibility for the care and custody of the Bank’s cash, securities and other financial assets and the related banking operations and relationships.
The position of Treasurer determines the amount and sources of funds required to meet outstanding and planned commitments; executes on strategies; implements policies and procedures to ensure effective financial controls and is responsible for performing intermediate and advanced duties related to investing while ensuring that processes comply with state and federal banking regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the operations of the treasury function of the bank, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the bank's goals and objectives
- Makes recommendations for deployment of the Bank’s liquidity in a safe & sound manner and in accordance with the Bank’s policies, while maximizing earnings and ensuring adequate liquidity for operations
- Responsible for execution of approved balance sheet strategies
- Continuously analyze investment portfolio, maintaining up to date information on the Bank’s holdings including corporate bond quarterly analysis for ALCO
- Manage the Bank’s investment portfolio, ensuring the rate of return associated with the portfolio is consistent with the accepted level of risk
- Monitor industry and market trends; establish and maintain professional relationships with brokers
- Perform due diligence to approve new brokers and ongoing monitoring of existing brokers to ensure that their recommendations are appropriate given the approved investment policy and that pricing on securities and loan pools purchased are market competitive
- Recommend changes to the investment, interest rate risk and liquidity policies to the ALCO and implement any related changes to procedures
- Makes recommendations for deposit pricing and leads the management Pricing Committee
- Responsible for complex modeling, including individual securities, loan pool purchases and other intermediate to complex instruments
- Management of borrowing lines and other off balance sheet sources of liquidity
- Work directly with Controller and Finance Department to ensure proper accounting treatment of portfolio and impact to the Bank’s balance sheet and earnings
- Responsible for preparation of the material for the Bank’s Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) and providing direct support to the CFO and Board members
- Works with regulators and external and internal auditors during their periodic reviews in treasury, liquidity, asset-liability management and interest rate risk management (ALM/IRR)
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Comply with all applicable OSHA safety standards, including:
- Read the workplace safety and health poster at the jobsite.
- Report hazardous conditions to your supervisor and/or HR
- Report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor and/or HR, and seek treatment promptly.
- Complies with all bank policies and procedures and all applicable government regulations including, but not limited to [fill in based on job responsibilities] regulations, staying current and knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and regulations related to the job functions and completing all assigned training on time, requesting additional training as needed to be proficient in all job responsibilities; cooperating with internal and external auditors and bank examiners by providing full cooperation and timely delivery of requested documentation and information; and reporting concerns about compliance to the Compliance Officer to enable prompt remediation.
- Complies with Bank policies and procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) guidance. Report suspicious activity to the BSA Department through a Suspicious Incident Report (SIR).
- Adheres to privacy and information security policies, and ensure all sensitive internal and external customer information is properly secured and safeguarded. Use secure methods delivering client and/or confidential data by email.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- The Treasurer should have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in investment management and/or bank portfolio management.
- Mathematical skills such as present and future value, bond pricing, statistical analysis, convexity and duration.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex information including financial, regulations, policies.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information including financial analyses to a range of stakeholders.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will be situated in an office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20
pounds), driving, carrying, sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cell phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), scanner and image systems, personal computer and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has expired.