If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Food Services has an exciting opportunity for a full time Cook (U) position. the incumbent follows menus and recipes to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables, and other food items according to proper preparation methods. Additionally, the Cook (U) follows institutional and external safety standards, policies, and procedures at all times.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Washes, chops, stores, and handles ingredients.
- Ensures meal quality and customer satisfaction.
- Measures, mixes, and seasons menu items according to the facility's standards.
- Operates ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Tests foods to determine whether they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Serves food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
- Cleans the cooking areas and equipment in the kitchen.
- Washes and sorts flatware, serving dishes, china, and glasses.
- Checks and regulates temperature of appliances.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Adheres to the University's CICARE and ACT standard models for patient and family-centric interactions with patients, family, and visitors.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: