$5,000 sign on bonus based up on eligibility
Reports to and functions under the general supervision of the Unit Operations Manager and Technical Manager. Operates ultrasound equipment and performs all diagnostic examinations per protocols. Understands and applies ultrasound technology for patient care; maintains pertinent records.
Conducts scanning process using ultrasound equipment; move transducer over specified body area, adjusting equipment to produce optimum image; records digital images as directed for radiologist interpretation.
- Reviews patient history and other supporting clinical data to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Explains procedures to patients to assure cooperation and understanding of exam.
- Selects appropriate transducer depending upon area of interest and depth of field.
- Positions patient for optimal results as required per exam.
- Reschedules exams, as necessary, due to poor prep, etc.
QCs images and ensures that images are transferred to PACS and available for radiologist interpretation.
Ensures complete downloading process of all images from portable exams.
Assembles all necessary information and diagnostic images for Radiologist-exam complete/d in the RIS, NOTES, report impression as applicable.
Assists physician in such procedures as needle biopsies, renal biopsies, etc.; scans patient, marks patient's body, determines angle for puncture while maintaining sterile technique.
Maintains a high standard of professionalism at all times.
Actively supports Mission, Vision and Values and departmental initiatives.
Maintains a clean and neat working area (i.e. clean laundry bags, counters, cabinets, machines, etc.).
Ensures cleanliness of all probes, including appropriate high level disinfectant technique for endocavity probes.
Demonstrates competency in using the ceiling lift for patients.
Provides mentoring and training to students as assigned.
Works effectively under pressure and remains respectful of all.
Able to work effectively and efficiently alone or as part of the team.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, physiology, medical terminology.
- Knowledge of the principles of ultrasound physics.
- Knowledge of ultrasound imaging and ultrasound equipment.
- Knowledge of universal precautions.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to provide compassionate care to patients.
- Ability to recognize emergency situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to lift over 5 lbs and has knowledge of and practices proper body mechanics-ergonomics.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of patients of all age groups. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) certified by ARDMS
- Successful completion of a DMS program
- Completion of clinical experience
- Preferred: 2 - 5 years ultrasound experience but new graduates are considered
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.