In addition toperforming any or all of the tasks performed by the Environmental Services AideII, this position transports patients & has responsibility for specifiedsupplies & equipment
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cleans horizontal & vertical surfaces including (butnot limited to) patient rooms, lavatories, offices, corridors, stairwells,elevators, treatment rooms, special care areas, conference rooms, locker rooms,lounges, and public areas.
• Transportspatients and their belongings for testing and upon discharge from the hospital(secondary to Transport). Demonstratesan awareness of hospital systems and procedures, location of all departments,treatment areas and other patient services. Transports specimens to the lab, asrequired.
• Expeditesdischarge/transfer room cleaning and turnover, setting up for admission &promptly documenting bed availability status on bed control log sheet andtelephony.
• Respondsto simple patient requests, communicating more complex needs to the RN. Provides supportive customer service,functioning as part of the patient care team and demonstrating appropriatebehavior in interactions with staff, patients and visitors.
• Uses a variety of chemicals and equipment including (butnot limited to) germicidal detergent, bleach, window cleaner, all-purposecleaner, stripper, floor finish, bucket/wringer, floor machine, vacuum cleaner,carpet extractor, and a variety of hand tools.
• Empties/relines soiled laundry, waste& RMW containers as needed in accordance with department procedures. Contains & transports soiled laundry,waste & RMW to disposal site. Cleans receptacles when visibly soiled.
• Deliversand retrieves meal trays on an as-needed basis. Assists patients in preparingfor meals. UA's assigned to CWN floors7-10 check and log the temperature of patient room refrigerator daily.
• Transports,cleans, tags and returns to designated storage area: IV poles, monitors,wheelchairs, stretchers, pumps, scales and other patient equipment as directed by the Nurse Manager
JOB TITLE: UnitAssociate
• Restocksdisposable paper supplies and handsoaps as needed, cleaning dispensers whenvisibly soiled. Stocks clean linen inpatient rooms and bathrooms.
• Removesand replaces cubicle curtains from overhead tracks while standing on 6' ladder,replacing lost/broken hanger hardware.
• Maintainsneatness and organization of work and storage areas. Collects and stores cleaning equipment andsupplies. Prepares cleaning solutionsaccording to label instructions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Mustbe able to appropriately prioritize work and quickly adapt work scheduleaccording to the changing workflow of the unit.
• Requireshigh level of verbal communication and service skills to interact withpatients, visitors and coworkers, frequently under stressful situations.
• Requiresthe ability to work as a patient care team member, promoting a caring andcollegial attitude toward fellow employees.
• Requiresfull range of motion to reach and grasp objects above, below and at shoulderlevel. Must be able to performrepetitive motions in the process of dry mopping and wet mopping offloors. Must be able to lift 50 poundsseveral times per shift. Work requireslong intervals of standing and walking and frequent stooping and bending. Must be able to climb 6' ladder and balancewhile changing curtains.
• Abilityto utilize the bed control telephony system
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English language.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Must be able to appropriately prioritize work and quickly adapt work schedule according to the changing workflow of the unit.
• Requires high level of verbal communication and service skills to interact with patients, visitors and coworkers, frequently under stressful situations.
• Requires the ability to work as a patient care team member, promoting a caring and collegial attitude toward fellow employees.
• Requires full range of motion to reach and grasp objects above, below and at shoulder level. Must be able to perform repetitive motions in the process of dry mopping and wet mopping of floors. Must be able to lift 50 pounds several times per shift. Work requires long intervals of standing and walking and frequent stooping and bending. Must be able to climb 6' ladder and balance while changing curtains.
• Ability to utilize the bed control telephony system
• Works in a patient care environment where there is some exposure to communicable disease, and in some areas sealed sources of radiation and radioisotopes.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Posted 12 minutes ago
Posted 12 minutes ago
Posted 12 minutes ago