Usability Researcher II or IIIRemote within OR, WA, ID, or UT
This is a great opportunity to join a new research team to help guide digital product development for the Digital Solutions team at Cambia. The Usability Researcher will work closely with Digital Solutions, Design and Product teams to create, expand and evolve an inclusive program of user experience testing and analysis to support web and mobile development projects. The senior role will also partner with management on product strategy and an operational approach for User Experience (UX) within the development cycles.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Collaborate with other Researchers, Analytics, UX Director and Design team, and Product Managers to design, conduct, and analyze user research studies throughout the product cycle.
- Coordinate and execute all phases of usability testing (in-house and remote), including developing screeners, consent forms, test plans and interview guides and monitoring or moderating usability sessions.
- Coordinate the recruitment of participating vendors for external test candidates and work with clients to recruit partners and members. Collaborates with analytics, web designers and strategists, and product owners to design, conduct, and analyze user research studies throughout the product cycle.
- Coordinate and execute all phases of usability testing (in-house and remote), including developing screeners, consent forms, test plans and interview guides and monitoring or moderating usability lab sessions.
- Responsible for selecting, managing and or performing test recruiting, partners with vendors to recruit external test candidates and business units to recruit partners and members. Conduct complex contextual Inquiries (Interview, Survey & Focus Group) when needed.
- Responsible for conducting contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, persona development and usage and executing competitive assessment.
- Design and conduct Usability Tests working with User Panels & Communities.
- Leads and collaborates with designers, graphic designers, editors, product managers, and marketing managers to design, conduct and analyze user research studies throughout the product cycle.
- Develops research plans, working closely with Digital Solutions product managers, Design team and Director of UX to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Advises project teams in planning user research activities that inform product development and design solutions.
- Drives and oversees all phases of usability testing, including developing screeners, consent forms, test plans and interview guides and moderating usability lab sessions.
- Identifies strategy, design methodology, craft surveys, provides analysis and presents recommendations.
- Manages test recruiting, driving partnerships with vendors to recruit external test candidates and business units to recruit partners and members. Will also be responsible for vendor management, billing etc.
- Oversees the design of Usability Tests.
- Responsible for overseeing and/or conducting contextual inquiry, ethnographic research, persona development and usage and executing competitive assessment.
In addition to the minimum requirements listed above, the Usability Researcher II:
- Demonstrated ability in crafting and presenting research findings/recommendations to all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience developing test scripts based on research goals and crafting recruiting guidelines and screeners.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and be able to juggle and lead multiple user-testing initiatives in varying stages simultaneously.
- Demonstrated competency in project management including ability to lead complex implementations with cross-functional teams. Proven ability to estimate project expenses and manage project budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze qualitative data and reach solid conclusions rapidly.
- Proven ability to identify issues and design research to get answers including the ability to conduct usability research that influences product strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply research findings to current product or features and retain and reapply previous findings for consistency and efficiency.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills; strong relationship-building skills and ability to collaborate professionally with all co-workers.
- Must be highly organized and be able to juggle and lead multiple user-testing initiatives in varying stages simultaneously with little supervision.
- Ability to self-prioritize effectively, to ensure key items are delivered to meet immediate project needs.
- Demonstrated training and experience in interviews and group moderation.
- Ability to compile information from disparate sources and present it in an understandable and actionable visual format.
- Demonstrated skill in information visualization; ability to compile complex information from disparate sources (both qual and quant data) and present it in an understandable and actionable visual format.
- Provide stakeholders with a holistic understanding of data; identify and visually capture patterns and connections that matter.
In addition to the minimum requirements listed above, the Usability Researcher III:
- Demonstrated ability in crafting and presenting research findings/recommendations to all levels of stakeholders, including management.
- Experience developing personas and mental models through ethnographic and qualitative research.
- Demonstrated advanced quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills. Must be able to understand both quant and qual research and data and how it relates to the user experience.
- Ability to evaluate program effectiveness, identify issues and opportunities, and work to continuously improve programs offered.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Demonstrated ability in crafting and presenting research findings/recommendations to all levels of stakeholders, primarily executive management.
- Ability to provide leadership to others in research methods.
- Experience developing personas, mental models, and journey mapping through ethnographic and qualitative research.
- Demonstrated strategy research experience, which includes the ability to look at industry trends and understand how it applies to our product development and how our products need to compete in the market.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
The Usability Researcher II or III would have a bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Multimedia/Web Design or related field and 4 - 7+ years of experience in planning, defining, and executing on a variety of user experience testing methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com