About LexisNexis Risk Solutions LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges. We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better, timelier decisions. Our innovative solutions enable organizations to manage risks like identity theft, fraud, money laundering and terrorism and prevent financial crimes and scams.
User Experience Researcher I
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking a User Experience Researcher to help internal stakeholders better understand end-user behaviors, needs, and motivations. You will work collaboratively with Product Managers, UX Designers, Customer Support and Engineers and business stakeholders to develop testing strategies,
evaluate data and propose solutions.The ideal candidate should be analytical, with a talent for problem-solving, and be an effective communicator and collaborator.
Scope and Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience:
- Plan and conduct research, with UX Lead or SME support.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to understand the research questions.
- Explores analytics, customer insight and customer support data to focus research.
- Asks right questions to explore problems; learns to diagnose and define problems.
- Makes user driven recommendations to improve the user experience.
- Ideates and iterates product solutions with product managers and UX designers.
- Develop UX Research artifacts including proposals, moderator's guides, and research reports.
- Articulates which data and why, to confirm key metrics for projects.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data into clear actionable findings and insights.
- Assesses products with a basic awareness of ethics and regulations, to identify risk.
- Observes and compares the users' natural workflows, juxtaposed to the product's design.
- Understands and advocates user needs through direct or indirect observation, formulates relevant use cases.
- Keeps up to date on competitors; familiarizes with their features and perceived value.
- Advocates for research best practices.
Education & Work
- 2+ years of experience in a related role
- Use research software for unmoderated and moderated user testing, research repositories, qualitative data analysis, qualitative data analysis and taxonomy classification.
- Experience with data and analysis tools such as Google analytics, Pendo, Excel, Dovetail, Full Story.
- Experience with wireframe tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure RP or Balsamiq.
- Understanding of multiple user framework types (e.g., Cultural Models, Jobs-to-be-done, Mental
- Models/Mapping, Influence maps) and user-centered design processes.
- Interprets metrics to regularly inform customer needs and conduct appropriate research activities.
- Able to lead segments of workshops effectively. Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a design subject (Psychology, UX, HCI, Product Design, Design, Graphic Design, etc. discipline) is preferred, but not required. In lieu of design related degree additional practical experience is required.
- Examples of prior work and design outcomes.
- Position will initially be home-based with eventual shift to hybrid based on location of applicant.
- Preference will be given to candidates in Illinois (Chicago), Ohio (Dayton) or Georgia (Alpharetta) but all applicants are welcome.
- Occasional travel to meet with internal stakeholders at company office locations, conditions allowing.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.