VCA Orchard Animal Hospital in Greenwood Village is currently looking for a part-time Veterinary Assistant with a high level of self-motivation and integrity to join our team! We are a small, low-drama team who enjoys working with each other and having fun! (We even have a free snack cart and coffee available for our associates!) Ideal candidates should possess: excellent people skills, animal handling and animal healthcare knowledge, and have previous experience as an assistant/technician in a veterinary hospital including experience with blood draws, lab preparation and vaccine administration. This position will divide their time between assisting doctors with physical examinations in rooms with clients, restraining animals, inputting data into medical records, dispensing medications and assisting with treatments. Candidates must have the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, demonstrate respect for all animals and humans and be dependable. We offer unparalleled client service in a high tech, high quality medical environment.
Along with providing high quality patient and client care that our staff can be proud of, we encourage our staff to continue to learn and grow. We provide continuing education opportunities including free RACE certified CE quarterly and Penn Foster scholarships.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for eligible full-time employees, including:
• Medical/dental/vision insurance
• Generous pet care discounts for up to four pets
• Paid time off (including holiday and sick days)
• Paid parental leave
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Life insurance
• Health and well-being program that provides resources and training
• Free membership to NAVTA
• Scholarship opportunities
• Student loan guidance
• Compensation negotiable based on experience and credentials, $17 to $20 per hour to start
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.