Location: 4808 US-501, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
VCA Palmetto Animal Hospital is hiring an experienced full time Veterinary Technician to join our overnight Emergency and Critical Care team!
Located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, we offer 24/7 emergency and critical care, primary care, surgery, and boarding.
Our state-of-the-art facility includes digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy, surgical laser, cold laser therapy, dedicated dental suite with radiology, and multiple surgery suites. We provide an environment where you will be supported and challenged to grow and learn with a dynamic team.
Check out our website here: https://vcahospitals.com/palmetto
About the Role
As Veterinary Technician, you will support our team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Required skills include:
- Patient assessment and triage
- Hospitalized patient care
- Client education and care
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Surgical preparation and assisting
- Laboratory sample collection and processing
- Catheter placement
- Medical record keeping
Starting pay varies based on skill level, experience, and credentials.
VCA Animal Hospitals is a community of over 800 hospitals across the US, including primary care, emergency, and specialty medicine. We offer world class medicine with hometown care. Together we are taking care of the future of veterinary medicine.
This means taking care of our people. We are passionate about supporting our technicians and assistants and are committed to your personal career development. At VCA, you will enjoy an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve. Benefits include:
- Access to the people and resources of a large veterinary community
- Advancement and leadership opportunities
- Continuing Education allowance for full time credentialed veterinary technicians ($750/yr, $1000/yr for VTSs)
- Internal CE and development opportunities
- Free NAVTA membership, access to VetFolio, Plumbs App, and more
- Tuition assistance including Veterinary Technology Associates, Bachelors completion and more
- Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
Health & Well Being
- Medical, dental & vision insurance, a variety of additional coverage options
- Free mental health care through Lyra Health (up to 12 sessions a year)
- Access to free counseling through Cigna Life Assistance program
- Access to Headspace app
- Fully employer-paid life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, holiday pay
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility coverage, gender affirmation services
- Growing network of onsite social workers
- Generous hospital discounts for your pets, a variety of other discounts including cellular service, apparel, computer equipment, etc.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Practice management software with digital innovations for streamlined practice flow and client communication
- Opportunities to give back through VCA Charities and community partnerships
Interested? Apply! We look forward to hearing from you.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com