Facebook is looking for a leader to help define the future of messaging. Overseeing Product Design and Research, you will play a critical role in shaping product strategy and adoption across Messenger's ecosystem including Video Chat, Messenger Kids, Rooms, Privacy and Product Foundation. This position requires a unique mix of organizational, managerial and product skills. You will help lead teams to deliver world-class product experiences at one of the most important times in modern history for people to find ways to connect with one another. You will work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, policy, legal, marketing and other functions to navigate complexity and deliver world-class user experiences. As a leader, you will be responsible for recruiting and developing a team that is inclusive and cultivates a sense of belonging. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Messenger.
- Drive Messenger vision to impact the future direction of the organization and company.
- Create and execute Messenger strategy and roadmap in tandem with cross-functional partners.
- Lead and mentor a team of highly skilled design and research leaders and teams.
- Represent Facebook and provide thought leadership and perspectives on an industry-level.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product, engineering, design, marketing, finance, and partnerships.
- Design and scale the organization and equip teams for success in their goals.
- Build, develop, retain and motivate a diverse team while recruiting for new members and continually raising the bar for talent, capabilities and internal community.
- Experience building, leading and developing a strategic design practice and coaching senior talent.
- Experience negotiating across complex product decisions to drive strategy forward.
- Proven collaboration and relationship-building skills - with experience developing working relationships at all levels of management.
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for well-crafted digital applications that work in cross browser environments.
- Organizational and analytical skills that have been used for developing strategic initiatives and driving execution.
- Experience working autonomously to influence decisions across and upwards within an organization.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.