JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Warehouse Supervisor oversees the day to day functions of the warehouse activities and personnel. This position is responsible for the smooth operations of the warehouse and crating jobs, accurate shipment counts and safe operations of all activities in the warehouse.
- Supervise the day to day activities, schedules and training of the warehouse staff.
- Ensure a high standards of customer service.
- Ensure all appropriate safety regulations are being followed both with regards to personal safety and safety of inventory.
- Check and verify shipping records, handle questions or concerns of shipping shortages or overages and address any problems or concerns with management immediately.
- Delegate housekeeping/clean up responsibilities to the warehouse staff to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Driving, forklift operation and/or manual labor may be required.
- Schedule activities of loading dock use of mechanized equipment such as forklifts.
- Ensure adherence to all safety rules, government regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise 1 or more employees.
- Identify and resolve personnel issues.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of staff to develop skills to the highest level.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
- Excellent safety record.
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others.
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years warehouse supervision experience.
- Forklift operation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
100% performed in warehouse environment working under normal warehouse conditions. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.ADDITIONAL:
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Forklift / equipment certification and able to train personnel on facility equipment.
- Hazardous material handling training and certification.
•Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
This job has expired.