Cell Press Web Product Manager
Exciting opportunity for a user-centric, collaborative product management professional to join the Cell Press product team. Cell Press, a division of Elsevier, has successfully published premium brand journals in the life sciences for over 40 years, and more recently has begun to expand with launches new products in new disciplines. This role will focus on the strategic evolution of our publishing website cell.com.
The Product Manager will support the product management team in making our website cell.com the discoverable home for all scientists and scientific authors.
A flexible team player and strong communicator, you will be comfortable interacting at all levels within the organization. You will work across multiple departments -- including the Elsevier product org, web content coordinators, quality engineering, UX, marketing, editorial, and publishing operations. We are looking for an individual who is a great problem solver, extremely detail-oriented, passionate, and motivated to learn. You will have some website management experience, a passion for developing a strong customer understanding and using qualitative and quantitative insights to inform product prioritization.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
- Work with product teams, UX, brand, and content teams to improve cell.com
- Support of Platform product initiatives including setting business requirements and participating in UAT (user acceptance testing)
- Establish AB testing roadmap, and coordinate execution
- Support SEO Strategy
- Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis, independently proficient at reviewing and utilizing data from predefined dashboards to make decision recommendations.
- Assist with project management of strategic initiatives
- Help in developing and implementing site improvements across all Cell Press journals, working cross-departmentally
- Seek out data in partnership with others to support decisions
- Participate in customer discovery activities with the product team and gives input for solutions (surveys, feedback reviews, AB testing)
- Help the business leverage web tools and migrate to preferred tools
- Play a role in improving process and governance across a complex matrix organization
- Have a deep understanding of your feature area and develop prototypes
- Understand how role contributes to success of product and business strategy and goals
- Participate in product discovery, according to defined process, for new product development.
- Manages portions of the product lifecycle
- Meaningfully contribute to development and execution of the product strategy
- Participates and contributes to process improvement activities.
- Ensure all new and updated cell.com initiatives align with Elsevier and Cell Press brand standards.
- Learn the appropriate technology stack at a high level
- Learn about technologies to assist day-to-day tasks
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned
- Practices Self-Development
- Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
- Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Builds Relationships
- Inspires and motivates others to high performance
Focus On Results
Experience (US Only) and Education
- Drives for Results
- Works hard to achieve objectives
- Stays focused on key commitments
- Digital first, user-centric mindset
- Leverages analytics to make decisions
- Looks to overcome obstacles or barriers to performing
- Works with others to achieve joint goals
Minimum Years of PM Experience: 2-4 years
- 2+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years working with stakeholders in a business environment, working across cross-functional groups
- Experience working on websites
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage quickly changing digital/social landscape and adapt priorities appropriately
- Understanding of websites and their role in the digital marketing ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated analytic skills, adobe analytics or tableau experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with others to modify or maintain a product and identify technology challenges.
- Familiarity with CMS (Literatum) and agile methodologies preferred
- Prior product management, digital content, or publishing experience preferred.
Education to Qualify: Bachelors degree is preferred, but not essential.
Location: This role reports to the Product Manager in the Elsevier office at 50 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts. This role will be offered remotely at this time. A laptop is provided.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.